Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Loose Camlock

Eliteuser

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this. After about 1 hr of detecting, the upper shaft comes out of the handle assembly. The camlock is still in the locked position but the upper shaft has come out. I have tried putting some tape on the upper shaft to "thicken" it up hoping it would hold better but no such luck. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated..

but if you have a pinpointer on the uppershaft and had to turn it over it would make it for the other hand correct?

Kinda but you upper shaft would keep working loose unless you modified it to seat properly in the control head socket.

Make sure the red bushing is not missing the metal part and that the brass pin holding the cam lock is not out on one side HH

The only reason i say that is my upper shaft tends to slide out after swinging for awhile and i have to push back up into and can do so without unlocking the cam lock.But if i turn over sunray on top?

Okay when you do something stupid you gotta fess up..When I changed coils I put the top shaft in upside down. Didn't even pay attention to the fact that it is tapered and must go in the right way..Problem solved

The upper shaft is mitered on end and will only fit properly if it is right side up otherwise it only goes in about half way and will work loose all the time.