Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Loose fitting lower rod fix

pistolpete

Here's another method to fix loose fitting lower rods on the CTX besides using tape or rubber sprays. Simply insert 2 tie wraps underneath the locking clamp where the openings are, tighten the tie wraps, cut off the excess, and voila. This method has been used by some water hunters I know with good results...

I hadn't heard of this problem, but thats a very cool fix!

Jason in Enid said:

It happens to alot of machines when used in the water Jason...

pistolpete said:
Jason in Enid said:

It happens to alot of machines when used in the water Jason...

Ahah.... I don't get to the surf as much as I would like, guess thats why I hadn't seen it.

Is that a used machine or new? I ask because how did you get it so new looking if it is used? Nice trick. I know what to do if I come across that issue.

Looks good will have to try it. My upper shaft started have some play so I insterted some vinyl shims and its
a lot better. Swinging the CTX in the water feels like you're swinging 50 pounds and seems to put more
stress on the machine.

How did you get thicker cable tie through the groove? I could only get the thinner 4 inch cable ties through.

Take the lower rod out, make sure your clamp is wide open and feed them through jm. They are a snug fit going through but they do fit. If the thinner ties work and snug things up I would start with them...

"Great photos Pete...but ML have 'new rubbers'... :lol: or should I say New Rubber Blocks available!"

Well I'm glad they finally got on the ball to address the problem Des. I think you will find that they changed the construction of the lower rod to the same design as ours. The multiple weave pattern that they employed severely lacked radial strength and could be easily crushed...