Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lost, Found, Sold then Gifted...

Blind Squirrel

Howdy--
About 15 years ago a detectorist in New Mexico dug a couple of 1916-D Mercs. He sold them to my old hunting buddy Kenneth who had them slabbed and then resold them to a mutual friend. Over the years I helped the new owner with a few of his projects. When he decided to liquidate his holdings, I offered to purchase one of his 16-D's. To my surprise and delight he said: "No way Blind Squirrel. I'll just give you one." I received this dandy in the mail 3 days laiter. All that I can say is - what a gift! Best of luck and..
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Attachments

• 16DObv2.jpg
    16DObv2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 98
  • 16DRev2.jpg
    16DRev2.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 99
Howdy--
About 15 years ago a detectorist in New Mexico dug a couple of 1916-D Mercs. He sold them to my old hunting buddy Kenneth who had them slabbed and then resold them to a mutual friend. Over the years I helped the new owner with a few of his projects. When he decided to liquidate his holdings, I offered to purchase one of his 16-D's. To my surprise and delight he said: "No way Blind Squirrel. I'll just give you one." I received this dandy in the mail 3 days laiter. All that I can say is - what a gift! Best of luck and..
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Attachments

• 16DObv2.jpg
    16DObv2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 60
Dang!! Full circle……