Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

lost my MOJO...

gunwolf

only been out once in the past week or so... and although I had some good finds, I did not enjoy my hunt like I usually do, it was almost like I did it to do it. I also used to wake up everyday and throw the E-trac in the truck for a just in case moment... now it hangs on the garage wall. maybe I need a few new hunting spots to restart my engine.. I don't know... only other time this happened was in 2016 when my detector was stolen.. I was asked to meet up tomorrow morning with Matt from Tennessee adventures... but I just can't even muster the excitement to go... I'm addicted to MDing... that's a fact... but this past week I drive without even site spotting... I'm not sizing up anything... I hope I get my MOJO back... With that said I do have alot on my plate which could be running interference... My mother in law is sick with pancreas issues and has moved in with us...and my Mother has just informed me that she has Breast cancer... so yeh... maybe my brain is taking a break... but right now I need to MD as a relaxation therapy... but I just can't muster the will to hunt.

only been out once in the past week or so... and although I had some good finds, I did not enjoy my hunt like I usually do, it was almost like I did it to do it. I also used to wake up everyday and throw the E-trac in the truck for a just in case moment... now it hangs on the garage wall. maybe I need a few new hunting spots to restart my engine.. I don't know... only other time this happened was in 2016 when my detector was stolen.. I was asked to meet up tomorrow morning with Matt from Tennessee adventures... but I just can't even muster the excitement to go... I'm addicted to MDing... that's a fact... but this past week I drive without even site spotting... I'm not sizing up anything... I hope I get my MOJO back... With that said I do have alot on my plate which could be running interference... My mother in law is sick with pancreas issues and has moved in with us...and my Mother has just informed me that she has Breast cancer... so yeh... maybe my brain is taking a break... but right now I need to MD as a relaxation therapy... but I just can't muster the will to hunt.
There are many ways to regain your mojo. You have been pushing the etrac around at least from 2012 up to now so you know the most of the capabilities of the etrac.
One way to rekindle it would be to try the response long....it had the ability to find deeper coins and turn those little chirps into longer responses and is great in trashy areas.
Another is to search for a specific coin only...target a certain coin and pattern it in and go find it. Start with an easier to find coin and then look for a tougher one to find.
You will gain even more knowledge from using a different method than your normal search method. You have been thru TTF way back when...how about the deeper 4TF ?
So many ways to use the etrac...4TF can find the ferrous iron break point of where the nails begin to come into your pattern beyond the TTF ferrous point of 17fe for example.
Think what can get you deeper in your soil when using the etrac.

There are many ways to regain your mojo. You have been pushing the etrac around at least from 2012 up to now so you know the most of the capabilities of the etrac.
One way to rekindle it would be to try the response long....it had the ability to find deeper coins and turn those little chirps into longer responses and is great in trashy areas.
Another is to search for a specific coin only...target a certain coin and pattern it in and go find it. Start with an easier to find coin and then look for a tougher one to find.
You will gain even more knowledge from using a different method than your normal search method. You have been thru TTF way back when...how about the deeper 4TF ?
So many ways to use the etrac...4TF can find the ferrous iron break point of where the nails begin to come into your pattern beyond the TTF ferrous point of 17fe for example.
Think what can get you deeper in your soil when using the etrac.
Emmy, I did a similar thing out of boredom. I changed settings and only hunted for nickels, then I changed it again for another type of target. These days I still don’t go as often as I did before.
Tony

Gun wolf, it really does sound like you have your hands full at this time in life.
The added stress is part of your answer. Take it one day at a time and see what happens.
I would go detecting with that person just go slow and stay positive. Force yourself to concentrate for better targets.
Tony

Emmy, I did a similar thing out of boredom. I changed settings and only hunted for nickels, then I changed it again for another type of target. These days I still don’t go as often as I did before.
Tony
I know of a guy who setup only for a 5 dollar gold coin...he figured it was the most used gold coin in circulation. That is the only thing in his pattern besides the trash that came with it. He hunted for it for a full season....He got it towards the end of the year along a fence on the perimeter of a property. Now that is what I call determination.
setup for something you can find at first...then go a little harder on the next time....you are right....I would be bored to death not finding a coin on every hunt.

First off, I’m sorry to hear of your relatives medical issues and I pray for the best. Second, in times like this drive to a spot where you have found many great finds. Sit there in your truck and relax for a few minutes. Think about where you are going to “ goof around” for a few hours with your ETrac. At least this what I call it when I’m in this “lost my MOJO” state of mind. I just goof off ( just to get out) and clear my mind. Making great find(s) are the bonus. Keeping ourselves moving is key. I know if I sit down and turn on the tv, I’ve been overtaken and “beaten”.

Life on life’s terms.... family 1st... I’m sure everybody experiences loss of mojo once in a while.. if I go detecting knowing I am neglecting my responsibilities or should really be somewhere else the fun can fall out of it real quick...I’ve been catching up on all the little chores I’ve been putting off for way too long... your mojo will return in due time.. keep it fun..I’m itching to get out for a hunt and when the time is right I will...

Prayer gunwolf: for Jesus to lift you up & give you & the hurting world His joy unspeakable & full of glory because His LOVE & Truth is what gives us hope & the motivation to live each day & do the Will of our Heavenly Father, Who is Jesus Christ as our savior & Lord, when we know Him, personally, & serve Him in His mercy for others & for ourselves! MD'ers have their low & high points depending on many things in our lives but happiness depends on ourselves--no one else can make us happy no matter how they & we try by knowing & leaning on each other for support, which is Good but not completely until we know Jesus by beleving Faith in Him, Who loves & saves us by our Repentance & willingness to serve & follow Him in His footsteps leading to eternal life for our Living Soul, no matter how each of us feels on each day that we wake up! But by having Hope that all is well whether we feel it in our hearts & souls or not!

Illness & pain is caused by satan & his evil servants to make us sad, spiritually, BUT don't let him--he & those who have corrupted souls & live immorally will harm & torment us if we believe their LIES or listen to half-truths, which are LIES! Pray, read & study God's Holy Word for Jesus' loving strength & even His forgiveness for any sins we or our family may have committed by asking & believing we are forgiven as He revives & renews our minds, bodies & souls & ask His directions for where to go & what to do each day!

If this doesn't help you to be lifted up above the doldrums & temptation trials of satan, the lying Devil, & have FREEDOM in a troubled & sinful world then (SORRY) YOU NEED TO PRAY EVEN MORE because true believing faith in God Jehovah in His Holy name, Jesus, never fails! God Bless & Cheer up--for joy & happiness comes to those who Pray, Read the Bible & do good deeds for others in need, as I'm sure you do--but remember, by Praying, Satan & his followers will attack us more until we BIND them unto helplessness by God's Holy TRUTH that any weapons of sorrow, discouragment & defeat formed against Children of God & Prayer Warriors FAIL! Amen! Ma

I have some health issues, but even aside from that, motivation is lacking. Sometimes as we get older, the thought of doing enjoyable things seems to take the place of doing them. However, finding one really good thing will usually provide that "kick-start" to keep going. I'm in the same boat!

I have some health issues, but even aside from that, motivation is lacking. Sometimes as we get older, the thought of doing enjoyable things seems to take the place of doing them. However, finding one really good thing will usually provide that "kick-start" to keep going. I'm in the same boat!
It is when you start having dreams about metal detecting.....then you just gotta go hunting.

I think we all get “lazy” from time to time. Now that the wife is retired and she is not a morning person, I might get up early and just go. We make a weekly date where I will go for an hour or two and then meet up for coffee. I can push nearly five hours like we did today but I’m done for the rest of the day and wonder if $2 for that amount of time is worth it, got the Merc so revitalized, but still sore.
I like that idea of setting up and just hunting one specific target, pace is quicker and just do it for an hour. Wander about and let the detector wake you back up!!!!

I think we all get “lazy” from time to time. Now that the wife is retired and she is not a morning person, I might get up early and just go. We make a weekly date where I will go for an hour or two and then meet up for coffee. I can push nearly five hours like we did today but I’m done for the rest of the day and wonder if $2 for that amount of time is worth it, got the Merc so revitalized, but still sore.
I like that idea of setting up and just hunting one specific target, pace is quicker and just do it for an hour. Wander about and let the detector wake you back up!!!!
Yes...and just the fact you are so technically advanced and able to make the pattern and program then execute it with a precise and accurate results ....
OH WHAT A FEELING !!!!!!!!!!! And a MOJO boost to your skills.

I know of a guy who setup only for a 5 dollar gold coin...he figured it was the most used gold coin in circulation. That is the only thing in his pattern besides the trash that came with it. He hunted for it for a full season....He got it towards the end of the year along a fence on the perimeter of a property. Now that is what I call determination.
setup for something you can find at first...then go a little harder on the next time....you are right....I would be bored to death not finding a coin on every hunt.
Elmy, he was a very smart man.
He won the “Finds of the year award”
Tony

Gunwolf,, dirtfishing is a hobby , that sometimes brings relaxation, joy , anticipation . But if you're really not into at the time ,, very seldom will you thoroughly enjoy it ,,, if you have other issues on your mind ,, then maybe you might just need to take the time off to deal with those issues.
I'm so sorry to hear of your Mom, and Mother in law ,,, and I wish you the best for each of them.
Your mojo will come back ,,, just take a little time and deal with life ,, and the rest will fall in place.

H mmmmm think on this like a dentist bill for $13,000 :eek: :shocked::stretcher::ban:

driving just a bit tomorrow to hit a new area ... I hope when my coil hits the soil I'm totally into it... this is my test to find out if I still have the passion or should I take a "time out" until my head is straight....we'll see...