Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lost My Pin Pointer.... Damn It..! Need Advice

Pro pointer is the only one I'd recommend. But make sure you buy plastic covers for the tip and a lanyard
If anyone is interested, I ended up buying the Minelab Pro 35 for one simple reason. Changing the sensitivity is so much easier. You just hit the plus or minus button and you're done. With my Garrett carrot stick that I lost... it was always a little bit of a process that sometimes annoyed me. Now I just push a + or - button
Pro pointer is the only one I'd recommend. But make sure you buy plastic covers for the tip and a lanyard

I lost my Garrett AT-Pro on the last hunt. I retraced my steps for about 20 minutes and then said... Screw it. It had a hole in the tip from me digging with it over the last 3 years. So I just chalked it up to Life's experiences. So now going to replace it, but I'm looking at the Minelab Pro 35 pinpointer. It kind of looks a little bit superior to the Garrett at Pro. A little bit of input would be helpful. And boy the price of pin pointers have certainly increased one heck of a lot in the last 3 to 4 years.
I once "lost" a Garrett pro pointer on a field ,i was lucky as i back tracked where i had been and it was found 100 feet away. Not long after finding it (maybe 3 minutes later) some guys walked right past the spot i had lost it, i guess they would have pocketed the device so i was really lucky i got it found fast. After that i ALWAYS have a lanyard fitted. Trust me without a lanyard i guarantee eventually you will
loose your pointer.

I like the fpulse seems fine very deep I will say I like the fpoint only an inch detection but slim and can shove it down all others are two blunt . Depends on were and what you are hunting. Depends how much you want to spend.

I use a Vibra probe 580! which I have had now for about 12 years, all of my detecting is done on my local 300 beaches here in Cornwall. The probe is attached to the harness with about 3ft of 40lb fishing line which gives plenty of area to scan. The tip is covered with a resin putty which usually lasts about 12 months as it is quite often used to dig down through the sand in rock pools.

Modify an old Minelab Explorer for hip mount, attach the mighty X1 Probe. Full blast detector power with tone ID and discrimination ;) Useful in iron hell holes where nails and targets are mixed together.

Also been there and done that OP, I lost my old Vibraprobe within days of buying it. Left it by a hole and someone picked it up and walked off with it. :mad: