Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lost ring at a hard place to hunt......

JB(MS)

About 8:30 this morning a guy and his son came to my house. The guy said his daughter-in-law, the wife of the son who was with him, had lost an expensive ring and wanted me to search for it. She was exiting a four lane highway, tossed a McDonald's box out the window and her ring went with it. I agreed to look for the ring, so he went home to let his son change clothes, came back and I followed them to where the ring was lost, which is about 15 miles from my house. I took the Goldtrax, and the Golden

Holy Moses! Thats some arm she has! Jusdging from the picture, she was riding in the passenger side, her husband, the litterbug, threw the mcDonalds box out the drivers side, with her apple pie still in it, to get even, she threw out the ring he bought her! I must say, you exhibited above and beyond actions there to find that! Ive seen people walking along the highway twice now diligently searching for something that got thrown out...it both cases, I had my detectors, but also in both cases there was somewhere I needed to be...GOOD JOB!:clapping:
Mud

Entertaining post Mud:happy:. Actually, she was in the car alone going toward the top of the photo and, according to her husband, going almost 60 mph. She threw the McDonald's box out the drivers side window, but the ring undoubtedly hit on the asphalt and bounced to the opposite side of the road The exit is banked, slanted toward the right side of the photo, which allows the faster speed she was going and was probably a factor in the ring being where it was..

Sure, sure...thats what she said! I dont believe it! I think she said for her husband to give her that pie, and he said, "Imma gonna eat it, you are fat enough",
She reached to grab it, and called him some sort of name, so he tossed it out the window after taking a big bite out of it, then she really got mad, and flung the ring out the window, and said she shoulda married ol Billybob! So after things settled down, and you found the ring, maybe all will be right with them for a while!:rofl:

Wow, what a hunt JB. I bet she thinks twice before littering again.....:devil:

What nerve to ask someone to help after trashing the country side. I hope you reported her to the police . I hate people dumping trash on the road side

I would have told her no and that she has now learned her lesson for throwing garbage out the window. Can't stand that.

I would have told her ' that is the fine for throwing garbage out a car window.:thumbdown:

I am thinking it bounced off the curb or guard rail and rolled down the slope of the road hopped the curb there to where you found it. Yeah the littering thing fouls the whole story. Oh well we all have to lear that lesson don't we.

Maybe it was a story they made up? Maybe she was mad about something and she threw it out in anger? Never know will we. Still a nice find for the couple and as for littering, I hope they choose to stop.

Hopefully a lesson learned or taught, about why we shouldn't litter. Especially throwing something from a moving vehicle on a highway that has no littering signs posted every so often.

I HATE THAT you see people chucking trash out vehicle all time,even to lazy to you a trash bin five feet from them.I would have not gave that ring back to em if I had found it , it would have served the right to learn a lesson!

yes i had sent that post to Guvner from ringfinders hoping he would go find it!