Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lost ring recovery help Melbourne Beach, Florida

ROBOCOP

I was dry sand metal detecting late yesterday afternoon at Spessard Holland North beach with my White's MX5 and small scoop when a young Chinese lady approached me and asked if I could help find her ring. She led me down towards the water and I said to myself oh-oh. She was playing Frisbee with her college friends and you know what happened. She said her mother gave it to her
and she showed me a picture of it on her smart phone. I tried for about an hour with no luck and I told her I'll try tomorrow (now today) at low tide with a better water detector. I'm bringing my Detector Pro Head Hunter Pulse with a 11 inch coil and my big scoop. She is a very sweet girl. She said she was sad but she didn't want to ruin her friend's beach barbecue by showing it.
Anyway she goes to FIT in Melbourne and I said I graduated from there in 1972 probably 20 years before she was born. I have her contact info.

So I'm doing this for no reward even though she offered one multiple times. Any early bird metal detectorists out there with Excals or Soverigns with 15 inch WOT's?
Any CZ 21's other pulse's ?
Up to an early morning challenge? Bragging rights?
I'll be there at 6AM and give better clues to whoever shows up. You have to agree to return the ring.

ROBOCOP.

Found it in a half hour of searching!

It bonged like a church bell. Right in the general location she said it fell. It didn't drift away. Wet sand at low tide. Got it in the second scoop.

I text her a picture and message to call me. She's probably not even awake yet.

Cartier love ring 18K pink (rose) gold. Her smart phone picture showed it in a red presentation case. 3.7 grams.

Maybe the story will get in the FIT newsletter.

My second attempted recovery but first successful one.

Outstanding. Wish I could be there to see the look on her face when you return the ring. You represent the rest of us Well.

Good work Robo....!!

It's a great thing when we can enjoy what we do and give joy to another person. Way to go ROBOCOP, you are an ambassador to our hobby.....

I'm going to meet her this afternoon at 4-5 o'clock and show her exactly where it was found on the beach. She's HAPPY. There will be pictures.

Very nice gesture , congrats on the find and return.

She's got it back and she can't believe it. She wants to take me out for sushi tomorrow (she's Japanese not Chinese) my bad.
Her mom has the matching ring and gave her this one so it was special to her.
She thought once the ocean takes something, that's it, it's gone.
Not when we have metal detectors, right?

ROBOCOP

Gracious! You sure did something very cool for that young lady! She's right about the ocean generally...but there you were, so karma for her...and you as well....you should try to stay in touch with her over the years, who knows? That is one remarkable save, it should have been lost forever...:please:
Mud

Great story, congrats to you.... hopefully if you ever find yourself in a desperate situation your gaurdian angel will appear...

Glad you were able to help!! Hope next gold you find is a keeper for you.
Cheers,
tvr

Don't you just love helping others with your expertise?

And she had the red presentation case to put it back into. A good place to keep it while she plays in the water.

Thanks from all of us for doing the good deed.

Your score has gotten higher on the plus side of things for the wonderful job you did for this young woman!!:thumbup:

Congrats on a great hunt!!!:cheers:

CJ