Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lots of Solid Hits Today

Typical home-site program today:

11-inch coil
Full tones
React 2
Silencer -1
TX-1
Disc 6
Notch 7-30

The amount of coins in this one yard was unbelievable. 22 wheats including a 1909 without an S and without a VDB. Also found two deep tokens that don't appear in the token book I have for this area. I'll contact the author tomorrow.

BerntOut said:
NICE! I love yards like that! Barbers to Rosies...where are the Mercs!

I was wondering that too...and the nickels? Found plenty of mercs this year already...was ready for some Barbers. Now, gotta find some seateds...not impossible but difficult for my area.

Awesome day! Have you stopped grinning yet?:please:--I know I'd still have a smile on my face if I scored that many fine silvers. Thanks for sharing those beauties with us!

I see you use TX at 1. Is that because you were in heavy trash or iron? Or do you just prefer the target response you get with it set that way? Thanks!

---Cladiator

Man you smoked that site! Way to go on the barbers!!

Thanks all, it was a great day and I'm still reflecting...no matter how good it gets I always want more :)

Mineralization is not bad here; I usually keep GB at 80 with infrequent adjustments. I could probably keep it at 90 all the time with no problems. Anyway, last year I started using 12K as my main frequency so I could hear a wide range of conductors; I use an almost identical 4K program in an adjacent slot to check targets (of course this really doesn't help with deeper low conductors). The freq, TX and a slight notch adjustment are the only differences. In the 12K program I've kept TX at 1 because I don't need the extra depth it may give me in my area and 2) I hunt very little clean ground which doesn't give me the option of sending maximum power into the ground without negative consequences. TX-1 gives me the clarity of ground and target response vs TX-2 or 3. The way I think of it is (and I read this somewhere) that if I increase power into the ground beneath the coil through increased TX settings, this allows me to reach those feint targets at depth limits, but it also increases responses from the ground which promotes signal instability (think how 4K, with it's un-adjustable TX-3 setting can cause erratic behavior in some areas). So if I had difficulty getting needed depth with optimal reactivity, silencer and sens settings and with an 11-inch coil, I might consider bumping up TX a little. But in my area I keep TX at 1--I would adjust sens higher rather than emitting more power into the ground with TX adjustment. Sens simply adds amplification of those imperceptible blips at depth limits so they can now be heard and identified in the audio circuitry--still, you can have too much of a good thing with sens too. Yesterday, the Deus' response to the Barber half (4-5 inches) was clean and discernible in my 12K program--in fact my settings were too much for that target, but I was digging targets at a range of depths up to about 7 inches, so I needed those settings despite being aggressive for a 4-5 inch half dollar. And although the half was easily identifiable with my 4K program, it pushed the limits of power and consequently didn't sound as clean and came very close to sounding like an audio overload (my setting is at 1). While I couldn't change TX in 4K, I did take a look at the xy screen in both freqs and the straight line was sharper and cleaner with 12K than with 4K, which I attribute to the signal stability produced by TX-1.

Keep in mind this is the philosophy I use in my area where targets primarily range from 0-7 inches. Do I risk missing smaller targets at greater depths with this setup? Probably, but I can check iffy high conductor signals with 4K or go from reactivity 2 to 1 or even 0.

This was the long way of telling you why I use TX-1, but here it is :)

Thanks so much for the detailed explanation. Logical and well thought-out reasoning. It is obviously working well for you in your conditions. I hadn't thought about lowering the TX and playing with the Sens. (though now that you mention it, I do recall reading about it)--I'll give your philosophy a try in my test garden with my particular conditions to see if I can get a cleaner response to the various buried targets.

Very helpful! Thanks again.:thumbup:

---Cladiator

Wow ... what a haul - congrats ! :beers: