Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Love the technology, not the furniture.

Capphd

I admire the technology of the D2. I am impressed with the speed, power, and versatility of this little unit. What I dislike greatly is the furniture, so to speak. I don’t have large hands, but the bottom left corner of the RC rubs the base of my thumb raw. Additionally, it’s at an awkward angle for pressing the buttons with one’s thumb. Also, I can’t believe they couldn’t have devised a locking mount for the RC. You shouldn‘t have to worry about losing the control unit of a $1600 detector. Finally, a company shouldn’t be this long after launching a product without its customers being able to purchase additional coils.

There. Now I feel better.

Use the lanyard to prevent loss.
Perhaps wrap the grip with insulation foam strip, change up position of your thumb.
Cant help with coils

Adjust the shaft to where the remote clears your thumb. Works for me.

No availability on the coils is my biggest bitch. And the inconsistent connection between the pin pointer and headphones. Don't have that problem with the D1. Is it the remote or headphones? I wish they'd fix it.
Great machine though!

The inconvenience I observed
~the thumb reaching the pin point button on the control.
I have to loosen my grip to reach the button.
~I wish the arm cuff was wider for my forearms
~I wish the arm cuff was farther back to balance the coil weight better.
~Sometimes my hand on the hand grip puts enough pressure on the controller it pops off.
~The M6 pinpointer button could be easier to press and more pronounced so I could find it without looking. I have to take my eyes off the ground where I spotted the center of the target
~The the holster for the M6 pinpointer broke at the swivel. Too much plastic.

With the D1 I never had the controller on the shaft because I knew the audio so well. I used the arm band and usually only looked at it to switch between programs. Not there with the D2 yet so I do put the controller on the shaft. I did find the chaffing on the base of my thumb annoying so I do what Hanover does. I'm with you Coin Rescue on the M6 button.....especially in the winter when I have heavy gloves or mittens on.

I cant stand the remote getting knocked off so easily. Tank God for the lanyard !!! Finally watched the video to secure it. Just cant wait for the string to break !!!!

Only 8 hour charge on the coil is pathetic, especially now a days. Going to England in October. We are in the fields a good 6+ hours. Im very worried about running out of battery time.

I have the D1 fully charged and ready ready to go. But then again I know Ill be at the far end of the field and take a 1/2 to get back to the van !!!!:):):):):)

Ya take the good with the bad. I wear gloves all the time. No problem with rubbing but then again I probably have smaller hands than the big guys.

HH
Donna(NJ)

Buy the detecting doodads shoe adapter for the remote. It’s great.

Sorry to hear about the issues you all are having . I can’t say that with my deus 11 . Everything along with the m6 works great . I’m 5’10 and I don’t like wearing gloves . The buttons are placed just right . The only issue I have is that in bright sunlight , with the glare it’s kind of hard to see the meter . I’m really happy with mine and I love the wireless and the light weight of it . I can put the remote in my pocket or the stem and it’s all brilliant as Gary says . Just my personal experience with the deus 11.

Still… Even though I have a couple complaints I hate to sound like I’m wining!
The D2 for me out performs and other detector I’ve ever used.
Including the Nox 800
I don’t seem to have any problem with the RC staying in place.

I cant stand the remote getting knocked off so easily. Tank God for the lanyard !!! Finally watched the video to secure it. Just cant wait for the string to break !!!!

Only 8 hour charge on the coil is pathetic, especially now a days. Going to England in October. We are in the fields a good 6+ hours. Im very worried about running out of battery time.

I have the D1 fully charged and ready ready to go. But then again I know Ill be at the far end of the field and take a 1/2 to get back to the van !!!!:):):):):)

Ya take the good with the bad. I wear gloves all the time. No problem with rubbing but then again I probably have smaller hands than the big guys.

HH
Donna(NJ)
every time you take a brake or have lunch, put the coil on charge. That should be enough to get you thru the day. Good Luck. NY Gene

HH
Donna(NJ)
Donna, what about taking the little pocket charger? I haven’t seen anyone mention them lately but Deus uses a small one cell I believe? There’s endless after market chargers, seems you could hook it up when you take a break to eat or rest. Seems it could extend the hunt with a top off charge?

Donna, what about taking the little pocket charger? I haven’t seen anyone mention them lately but Deus uses a small one cell I believe? There’s endless after market chargers, seems you could hook it up when you take a break to eat or rest. Seems it could extend the hunt with a top off charge?
Thankfully I never ran out of juice on the coil. I made sure everyday the machine was fully charged. Friend told me 'beach sensitive' doesnt use as much juice as regular beach program. I used sensitive program with some modifications, Worked very well.

HH
Donna

You guys have some interesting comments. I'm still using the ole carrot so I can't relate to the M6 and at my age it would be a miracle to run out of juice before the end of the day. After about 3 -4 hours I'm whipped for the day. The D2 isn't perfect but it's the best over the other 50 or so machines I've owned. One of my problems has been weight and balance over the last 10 years. The D2 solved that for me. Remember, it's not the end of the world-------yet.

I admire the technology of the D2. I am impressed with the speed, power, and versatility of this little unit. What I dislike greatly is the furniture, so to speak. I don’t have large hands, but the bottom left corner of the RC rubs the base of my thumb raw. Additionally, it’s at an awkward angle for pressing the buttons with one’s thumb. Also, I can’t believe they couldn’t have devised a locking mount for the RC. You shouldn‘t have to worry about losing the control unit of a $1600 detector. Finally, a company shouldn’t be this long after launching a product without its customers being able to purchase additional coils.

There. Now I feel better.

Capphd -- I just saw this thread, and wanted to respond to your post. You noted three things you don't like about the D2, which my new shaft design specifically addresses...

1. bottom left corner of the remote rubs the base of your thumb raw...
I have changed the positioning of the remote control, which should mitigate this, and also have made the handle slightly "taller..."

2. awkward angle for pressing the buttons with one's thumb...
The changing of the positioning of the remote control, that I mentioned above, was done SPECIFICALLY to fix this issue. As a non-Deus user, I noticed this very thing the first time I picked up the machine, to inspect it, and see what issues needed to be addressed by my new shaft's design. To make the thumb motion needed to access the RC buttons more natural, I recessed the control box substantially "forward," so that the front face of the RC is roughly flush with the front of the handle...

D2-annotated.jpg

3. can't believe they couldn't have devised a locking mount...
I did...

lockingmount.JPG

The inconvenience I observed
~the thumb reaching the pin point button on the control.
I have to loosen my grip to reach the button.
~I wish the arm cuff was wider for my forearms
~I wish the arm cuff was farther back to balance the coil weight better.
~Sometimes my hand on the hand grip puts enough pressure on the controller it pops off.

Coin Rescue Inc --

You raised some of the same points/complaints as Capphd, which I addressed above. You also mentioned that...

1. the cuff needs to be wider...
Mine is...

cuff.JPG

2. the arm cuff needs to be farther back to balance the weight of the coil better...
Yes, it does, and I build that section of the shaft a few inches longer than XP's...

D2cuffposition.JPG

I would also note, given that "balance" was mentioned, that my D2 shaft can be made "counterweight-ready" (threaded fitting installed in the butt end to facilitate counterweight attachment) for anyone who would like to improve the balance of the unit.

These are just a few of the improvements I've tried to work into the design, in addition to the shaft being a more stout/stable/flex-free design than the stock offering.

Steve

Reactions: Ism