Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

LOVE THIS 60 DEGREE OHIO WEATHER :detecting:

Derrelld

Second hunt of 2017 was a success! Ive never gave metal detecting this little park next to my house much though until recently... The park was built around 2007 and i'm not much of a clad hunter.. I found a 1938 map of the property and noticed a house sat right on the edge thats no longer there.. Best part is that its walking distance from my house... I decided to take the old trusty explorer for a walk... Right away found a zinc penny..... Then a pop can around 9 inches.... I circled around and started detecting close to the road when I hit a strong signal pounding the right corner... I dug down 5 inches and a nice green "large" disc appeared.. I couldn't believe I was holding large cent... Rough but a keeper for sure! Dated 1822.... Excited as a fat kid eating cake.. I didn't care if I found another coin or not.. But luck was in the air and I was able to squeeze another keeper not far away.. Not as old... 1945 Washington Quarter... Always pumped to find big silver.. It doesn't happen often for me.. Most of my sites have ben picked to death.. I haven't posted on the forum in a while.. I would like to thank Utahshovelhead for checking in on me not long ago.. You motivated me to get back out and try to find something good buddy :cheers:

Take care and happy hunting!
DerrellD

Good going Derrelld! Can't complain about a Largie and big silver. You obviously haven't lost your touch. And it's good to see one of the "old Pros" posting again.

n/t

Haha I've never considered myself a pro!!! Thanks buddy :cheers:

chipper97 said:
Good going Derrelld! Can't complain about a Largie and big silver. You obviously haven't lost your touch. And it's good to see one of the "old Pros" posting again.

ELTON!!!!! It's been a long time buddy!!!! Great to hear from you!!!

I cut my teeth learning the explorer reading the old posts from 4/5 years back. You guys had some great adventures and posted some top notch tips and advice on running your machines. So thanks to you and the rest of the "old Pros"!:cheers:

Mike, Isn't that the truth!!!! :wiggle:

Hey D!

DAng, you n the largie's, How funny is that in a park right that close?

I still have it in my head from a pic you posted of some great finds and your detector is covered in mud all the way to the handle. I still chuckle about that.

Nice to see you gettin out.

shov.

derrelld, fantastic finds! That's using your brain to look at an old map of park! That's pretty rare to find a large cent, especially that old! Wowzer!