Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lowest numbers that found gold

eriks

While we're learning this machine it might be helpful if people chimed in on their lowest gold numbers. I read a signet was pulled at a 9 and that made pay more attention to those lower tdi's.

What are your gold numbers and where?

10k thin ring in dry sand: 12 Solid

14k with rose in dry sand: 16 Solid

While testing gold rings at home I had some 14k wedding bands read 7-9 and one band read 6..
I’m sure there are some that read even lower..

Bryan

As you know numbers depend on size and shape of object. And conductivity which varies with percentage of Gold and remaining metal composition.

ok this is off topic but those buttons that I dug with it ranged from 4 to 20s. Those old flat vary in makeup wildly.

You guys are right, much lower on smaller items. Just re-watched a video where the machine read 1 at the beach on a small gold chain.

I have been wondering about those 1 s dug a few and it was foil. I thought I saw it flash up a one on a very deep target in my test garden but will have to confirm that later.....

there is no "low end" of the scale for gold readings. It will read all the way 1 and possibly lower into the iron range. it depends on karat makeup, size, shape, mass, surface area, nearby targets and ground minerals.

eriks said:
Great video and I clearly have to dig more low signals at the beach.

When you're hunting a beach you dig EVERYTHING that doesnt read as iron or else you are missing gold

Well thats sort of true Jason. Most gold seems to hit from 1 to 23 on this machine so the upper digits if making a pattern could be disc if you are just looking for gold. Chains are coming in at 1-2. Most of the gold ive tested is 4 to 23 and i tested a lot. got a 14K gold toe ring yesterday.... 4... same as most of the foil i was digging. Pretty good range from 0 on this machine with gum and small foil coming in at 4.... i like it. On this machine angle seems to make a big difference too. By the way ... that toe ring i could not quite 6" with the EQ running in beach 1 sensitivity at 21.... 2 to 2 1/2 with the CTX

dewcon4414 said:
Most gold seems to hit from 1 to 23 on this machine so the upper digits if making a pattern could be disc if you are just looking for gold.

Ditto... I would leave 1-23 in and discriminate out everything else. Remember if you want gold focus on gold and don't waste your time digging high tones. Went to a beach that has been pounded hard and got a bunch of tiny jewelry (silver and gold) that others have missed. Found these during one visit and most read in the 1-2 range. The etrac wouldn't even peep on that gold earring with pearl and diamonds.

Just a suggestion, I believe it would be far more beneficial to post in the ground numbers vs air testing numbers, as we all know things change in the wild.

I dug an 18K ring that locked in at a solid 14.

2" diameter gold hoop earring, 4-7 in wet sand and about 4" down

18k Ring woman's ring came in at 9-12

Digging a lot of minuscule brass and copper