Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lowrance Great Britain Map.. ?

Nevada Gary

Lowrance wants a leg or arm or $199 for a map of GB. Are there any others that would work or anyway to get a used one? Couldn't find on e-bay or by Froogling.

Why so darn high? I thought they might want to sell a few a year. :blink:

Thanks- Gary

Unfortunately, only Lowrance maps work in current Lowrance receivers.
About the pricing, my theory is:
Lowrance is facing a catch 22 with these. Licensing data to make decent GB maps costs a fortune. Obviously, Lowrance needs to recover their investment in such data. The decision that any investor is facing is: do we price our product low and try to sell a lot and recover a little bit from every sale or, do we try to recover more from each sale but risk selling fewer products.
With competition from Garmin, Magellan and now others, Lowrance may be concerned that at low prices they still not sell enough to recover the investment. They do make excellent receivers so, they may figure: once you start using our hardware, you may not be very happy with anything else so, you may be willing to pay extra for the maps.
Again; this is something what I think, not what I know.