Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lucky Yard Sale Find

Rick W

This morning, wife and I went out looking for sales, and I bought a working Tesoro Conquistador umax for 10.00! I couldn't believe my luck on that one. When I asked the guy how much he wanted for it, I was expecting maybe in the 50-100$ range, but he said 10.00. Bad health won't let me hunt much now, but I've found so much with my Silver umax over the years, I had to grab this one. Just thought I'd share.

20210619_142643.jpg

I saw the picture rolling up and I thought I was going to see well used junker, man that looks nice.

Ron in WV

Nice score Rick.... last Saturday my wife and I stumbled upon a yard sale at 2pm in the afternoon..amazingly came away with some great finds ourselves..my wife was checking out the jewelry and found a vintage glass bead necklace for $5 which is worth $85..
we also bought a vintage Eskimo Inuit carved soapstone of a sea lion for $1 which is also worth about $85..
I started looking thru the jewelry myself ,there was a lot of stuff looked like gold but wasn’t however I found a small letter pendant that I was sure had to be gold..had wife take picture of it with phone,we zoomed in on the picture and sure enough it is marked 14k.. I asked the lady how much? $1 she said...when I think of all the sales I would wake up early for and find nothing and here we hit this sale at the end of the day and clean up..it’s all about timing...happy hunting..

Yard sales are just a different type of detecting. I stopped at a community yard sale and ended up walking out with a pair of 8x50 Swarovski binos for $50. Current worth at the time was $7-800. Never know when the big find will jump up at you.

Nice score Rick.... last Saturday my wife and I stumbled upon a yard sale at 2pm in the afternoon..amazingly came away with some great finds ourselves..my wife was checking out the jewelry and found a vintage glass bead necklace for $5 which is worth $85..
we also bought a vintage Eskimo Inuit carved soapstone of a sea lion for $1 which is also worth about $85..
I started looking thru the jewelry myself ,there was a lot of stuff looked like gold but wasn’t however I found a small letter pendant that I was sure had to be gold..had wife take picture of it with phone,we zoomed in on the picture and sure enough it is marked 14k.. I asked the lady how much? $1 she said...when I think of all the sales I would wake up early for and find nothing and here we hit this sale at the end of the day and clean up..it’s all about timing...happy hunting..
Great! Finding deals and bargains is almost as much fun as digging. Getting old and having health issues intensifies those kind of finds for me. Wife and I both love yard and auction sales. Just about every weekend we go out looking.

Yard sales are just a different type of detecting. I stopped at a community yard sale and ended up walking out with a pair of 8x50 Swarovski binos for $50. Current worth at the time was $7-800. Never know when the big find will jump up at you.
Awesome! I have a "thing" for riflescopes, and buy good quality ones when I find them. I have never found any optics of that caliber, however. I do like the old Japanese optics.

This morning, wife and I went out looking for sales, and I bought a working Tesoro Conquistador umax for 10.00! I couldn't believe my luck on that one. When I asked the guy how much he wanted for it, I was expecting maybe in the 50-100$ range, but he said 10.00. Bad health won't let me hunt much now, but I've found so much with my Silver umax over the years, I had to grab this one. Just thought I'd share.
Awesome deal!

Way to go Rick. If I may I was a participant in a school yard sale and sold a guy my Detector Pro Pirate for 100.00. The guy came back and told me a guy was selling a detector nearby. I went over and he had a Sovereign Elite with two coils and the meter. I asked him how much. He said 50.00. I said deal. That Elite is still today my go to beach detector and has found many gold rings over the years. I also have foot issues that keep me from getting out there. But even for one hour detecting the pain I feel will vanish as I hear that detector go beep. Stay well Rick .

Way to go Rick. If I may I was a participant in a school yard sale and sold a guy my Detector Pro Pirate for 100.00. The guy came back and told me a guy was selling a detector nearby. I went over and he had a Sovereign Elite with two coils and the meter. I asked him how much. He said 50.00. I said deal. That Elite is still today my go to beach detector and has found many gold rings over the years. I also have foot issues that keep me from getting out there. But even for one hour detecting the pain I feel will vanish as I hear that detector go beep. Stay well Rick .
Thanks! Sounds like you got a heck of a deal, too! I usually water hunt mostly, now, because the buoyancy of the water makes hunting much easier, but on a "good" day, I'm willing to try land again, if the soil is not rock solid.

Nice score I picked up a set of L&L been Adirondack chairs with cushions and foot rests g for $20.00!!!
I sold them for $100.00 a day later !crazy what you can find at tag sales!
Mark