Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lumber Token, 3 buttons and Makeup Compact

jcweber77

Was a little disappointed that I didn't find any silver today...but had a few interesting finds anyway. The makeup compact says "Three Flowers" "Robert Hudnut" "New York Paris". I found that this particular one was made in 1915 and '16. I was able to open it just a crack to make sure there were no coins inside. Still full of a redish powder! I think this is the 5th one of the year from the old sawmill town. This was the first I could read any wording on and in the best condition.

The token is a lumber co. token that says 25 cents -- good for trade. The other side is similar but also says "for labor only".

The wheat cent has a nail hole in it and is a 1927-D -- nothing special.

3 random butons (haven't cleaned them yet)

and 2 unknown items. The top left is made from the same material as the token and is oddly shaped. The bottom left looks to be the contacts of an old morse-code device, but i'm not sure on that one.

I suppose the token is aluminium? Its in great shape. I also enjoy pulling out the compacts.....insight into another era!!! Thanks for the story and the pictures.

NebTrac

Bottom left looks like an ear tag. At least from the picture. I find alot of those in Utah with all the sheep and cattle. But I could

Those compacts are fun to find, they did like their rouge back then. - Randy

Most of that corrosion on that token can be removed by using baking powder, put token in your hand, wet it, dump baking soda on it and rub the snot out of it, rinse and repeat several times till all the gunk is off. I found this method is the best way to clean aluminum tokens...sweet finds