Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Luvin my Deteknix headphones!

Jeff in Pa

I got a set of these recently for my WS4 to slide into. I have tried so many of the different aftermarket ones and always go back to the WS4 backphones. My hearing is bad, that's kinda an understatement. My hearing very bad.
Well now that I have been using these, I never realized the different pops and tone changes I was missing.
These things really are that good.
I am a 5 tone coin hunter and these really do enhance my setup.
I normally dont dig much junk at all simply because of the time I have put into the Deus but these just make the experience that much better.
My 2 best digs so far, a 9" wheat and copper penny with a rusted bic lighter with it.
I dont judge the find but instead I judge just how difficult a coin should of been for the machine.
The Deus is a beast once you get settled in on a base line program to work with.

I do still dig the occasional modern flattened aluminum screwcap but not to many.
For those considering the headphone purchase all I can say is go for it!

I will second that - I use the ORX
on a side note- I am new with this unit and still learning.
In my last two Hunts I dug up aluminum Tops of rusted away Pull top Cans. 10 to 12" deep in two park and beach type areas I have hunted previously, with other machines- VID 80 .
The target sounded quite good so I had to investigate. - These machines hunt deep and the head phones help bring out the tones.

I honestly dont know that. I see alot of the Quest brand and they look the same but I am not sure.
The funny thing about you question is I have a pair of the Quest. I bought them for my Nox. They sell a bluetooth set that's supposed to be low latency but if they are LL they aren't good enough for my liking. They sound great but otherwise not good for the Nox. Anyway I could easily test them with a cable plugged into my control box. I just never did. I think I may of had them turned on for 30 minutes total.
They have volume control on them.
If I can find time I will test them.

I did find this, it is Amazon link that shows Quest headphones, but just under the pic of the headphones there are
several roll-over photos and one shows carry bag with "DETEKNIX" printeded on the front.

I got a set of these recently for my WS4 to slide into. I have tried so many of the different aftermarket ones and always go back to the WS4 backphones. My hearing is bad, that's kinda an understatement. My hearing very bad.
Well now that I have been using these, I never realized the different pops and tone changes I was missing.
These things really are that good.
I am a 5 tone coin hunter and these really do enhance my setup.
I normally dont dig much junk at all simply because of the time I have put into the Deus but these just make the experience that much better.
My 2 best digs so far, a 9" wheat and copper penny with a rusted bic lighter with it.
I dont judge the find but instead I judge just how difficult a coin should of been for the machine.
The Deus is a beast once you get settled in on a base line program to work with.

I do still dig the occasional modern flattened aluminum screwcap but not to many.
For those considering the headphone purchase all I can say is go for it!
Jeff, I would like to know more about the headphones you have found that work. I have a profound loss. I use a White's Headphones on a Fisher Scientific Coin Strike detector. My finds have been so -so with mainly more modern coins & trinkets. Lots of quarters, a few pennies, an old mercury dime or two & lots of garbage (even with the discrimination turned way up). I worry constantly how much I may be missing due to the sounds, but also know I probably need to somehow learn to use it much better. I thought about getting one of the newer F-75s or CZs, but cannot seem to get very good responses & information from Fisher any more like I used to. Any tips or thoughts you have on the best headset for the folks with really bad hearing would be helpful as well as any of the Fisher machines.

Jeff, I would like to know more about the headphones you have found that work. I have a profound loss. I use a White's Headphones on a Fisher Scientific Coin Strike detector. My finds have been so -so with mainly more modern coins & trinkets. Lots of quarters, a few pennies, an old mercury dime or two & lots of garbage (even with the discrimination turned way up). I worry constantly how much I may be missing due to the sounds, but also know I probably need to somehow learn to use it much better. I thought about getting one of the newer F-75s or CZs, but cannot seem to get very good responses & information from Fisher any more like I used to. Any tips or thoughts you have on the best headset for the folks with really bad hearing would be helpful as well as any of the Fisher machines.
I agree a very bad hearing loss will make you wonder what your missing. These headphones are very comfortable and have round earpads. When I used the backphones I had my volume at 5. With these I am at 3. They really are that good.

I may be wrong on this, but I thought Quest bought out Deteknis. I know I do enjoy their headphones with my ORX.

Yes I was also under the impression that quest bought or is from the ashes of Deteknix. I’ve gotten great use from my first set of wire free lite over ear phones that I bought used. Hard use in all terrains and temps. and now a new set from quest. But I will say the older setup that says Deteknix on everything is better quality stuff than my newest set which are quest. The quest have a barely audible hum all the time. If I switch the pairing, new to old and old to new it goes away. The Deteknix transmitter is sleeker, fits the shaft better, and has a 1/8” plug. It also has a curly cue portion in the cord for strain relief. Very nice little light weight setup. I will be trying the quest phones for ws4 on my DEUS this winter.