Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

M.I.A. Safari Users

Confetrit

Where are the Safari users? No posts in some time now. The Safari is not obsolete and is still a great detector. I hope to have mine out in the near future if it will ever begin to cool down here in Georgia. Still in the 90's here everyday.

Mine has taken a back seat since I got my Equinox last year. I did take the Safari out for a spin last week, just to keep my skills up on it. Love my Safari, but I think I love the Nox more!

Im here but really not a lot of time to swing lately.

It's great to hear from some fellow Safari users. It's not the newest and latest technology out there, but I feel it can hold its own..just not in the water.

I'm around, but like Simpsonslammer, my Safari has taken a back seat since I bought a Nox800 last month and with little free time have been trying to learn the machine. It is deadly on quarters 29-30 (tid) and Tatanka (buffalo- 12-13 tid) HH

I agree 100% the Safari is top shelf it has withstood the test of time my Safari does exactly as i like low and slow and deep no matter what coil i have on. And i hunt with a friend that uses a Etrac and my Safari does just as good. I would love too try a equinox someday but cant afford one.

I'm still around but just been very busy. I moved (with my wife of 40 years)!! into our new home a couple of weeks ago and just been busy unpacking, furnishing and a lot of other distractions!! I didn't get much from a beach trip recently, mostly because of having to socialize with visiting friends instead of having much needed 'me' time! It's all good though and when the 'dust settles', I'll be out there with the rest of you looking for more gold, silver and other interesting relics etc;.:thumbup:

Goldstrike, Congrat's to you and your Bride on your new home. Once you get settled in, you'll have plenty of time to swing the coil. The weather here in Georgia is finally beginning to cool off somewhat. Hopefully we'll be able to get out and about in the near future and do a lol'd relic hunting.

Confetrit said:
Goldstrike, Congrat's to you and your Bride on your new home. Once you get settled in, you'll have plenty of time to swing the coil. The weather here in Georgia is finally beginning to cool off somewhat. Hopefully we'll be able to get out and about in the near future and do a lol'd relic hunting.

Thanks Confetrit! Yep, the temps and weather here in Southern Utah also dipped down and got chilly these last 2 days and you can feel Fall and Winter are just around the corner. We hope it will be a mild Winter this year!! We'll soon see!lol.
Let's see what we can do before the weather gets too bad!!!

Still swinging Safari got 11 hours in this weekend,running at Jewelery dug a lot of trash but ended up with 1964 Kennedy half dollar under trash I removed and 2 cool aluminum tokens 2 wheat's really tough out there to find places to hunt.

I still enjoy the Safari, but really getting to like the Nox800 as it is half the weight of the Safari with the 13" inch detech ultimate coil attached but with greater depth.
I went back this weekend to a previous hunted Safari site and the Nox800 squeezed out an 1852 braided hair LC, a 1908 O Barber qtr and a '19 wheatie. HH

Here also, Love the Safari. But after trying the Nox 800, I am leaning toward the lighter weight. Its like the that old song "Torn between 2 lovers" . Spent Friday, Sat. swinging my safari on a Maine beach. I am a young almost 54 , but my arms felt it. Especially combined with deep scooping. Very clean beach by the way. A few coins , a hoop earring and a cheap beaded bracelet. Not a whole lot of great signals. It was nice to get away with my wife for her 29th birthday for the 31st time. Lol (50th). Great ocean air.