Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

M6 And Coil Selection

RELIC_HUNTER

Are the M6 and MXT Pro coils interchangeable...Also, what one coil would you say is the least desirable for the M6.

All M6 and MXT coils are interchangeable. I think the least desirable is the Deepscan DD 1400. Too darn big and heavy.

Yes the coils are the same for those two detectors . I have owned the regular MXT and have a M6 right now and the same coils work for both them and the MXT Pro.
I have owned the 6x10 DD , 5.3 , D2 , 4x6 and the 950 . I am using the SEF 8x6 and the Excelerator 5 inch coil right now. All these mentioned coils work just fine on those two detectors . I don't know that any would be concidered bad coils on those detectors it just comes down to the soil and conditions your using the coils under , some will work better under certain conditions than others will and some get a little better depth under the right conditions but all are good coils used in the right place for them . Now everyone has there own choices after using all those coils I prefer the SEF 8x6 for general use and the 4x6 probably the best for the real trashy area's.
I just recieved my 5 inch Excelerator so can't say much about it yet as haven't used it long enough to post my opinion on it yet .There are some other coils out there that fit those detectors that I have never used them so someone else might post there opinions on some of them . Thats the good thing about the whites detectors of that version they have a high choice of coils for everyone to choose from . Good luck and good hunting .

Tom Slick said:
All M6 and MXT coils are interchangeable. I think the least desirable is the Deepscan DD 1400. Too darn big and heavy.

X2 - plus, the newer 10" DD coil and 12" super coil get about the same depth.

The least desirable coil has to be the 1400DD why they ever came out with such a coil is beyond me,they have i think sold alot over the years but they then either get sold on cheap or sit in your garage gathering dust not being used,my prefered coils are the fantastic SEF 8x6,10x6 and the 12inch Hotshot i think the Hotshot can be used on the M6 but i stand to be corrected.

But for me at the moment the SEF 8x6 is the clear favourite being a DD you get very good depth and still get good ground coverage as well and this will be staying on my detector as the main general use one.

Worst coil is the 18x15 SEF coil I used it on my M6 worked great for sports field but is too big it should come with plastic wheels on the bottom. The SEF 8x6 or 12x10 are better coils for target separation. When I first got the 8x6 I thought it was too small but it goes just as deep as a lager coils

I am very surprised that the 6x8 goes just as deep as the 12x10 in your ground......:shrug: For many of us, larger coils goes deeper and I get about two more inches in depth with the 12x10 over the 6x8. The 12x10 also affords me more coverage at the expense of loss of separation. The 6x8 is a great coil hunting in the trash.

You are right it probably is not as deep as the 12x10, I usually have gain at +3 without any problems with the 8x6, with a slow sweep speed it seems to go just as deep as the larger coils I have.