Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

M6 - Like Using A Pair OF Long Tweezers

plidn1

With this terrible drought we are having in No. California, I have not been able to work any parks.
The ground is rock hard and digging will just kill any grass left.
Today I found a park that had green grass and a little moisture to allow some digging in spots.

This park I have worked to death leaving not much left to find.
In the hour I was there I dug 2 pull tabs, one piece of can slaw and 2 bottle caps. That was it for trash.
Along with that, I found 4 pennies (all eaten up), one dime on the top of the ground, 2 dimes at 6"+ each, a quarter at 7" and a pendant at 6 1/2".

The pendant was in the ground edge wise. When I hit it , it was a soft hit very iffy on the VDI but pretty much in the foil range. When sizing it with the pin pointer,
it sounded as a very short and narrow target.
After I spotted it in the hole it looked like a dog tag. I pulled it out and rubbed the dirt off it. That's when I saw that it was gold.
14K @ 2 grams. Not quite the lost Adams, but sure made my day.
The M6 leaves nothing in the ground.

Nice snag on the on edge gold, very difficult target to get a signal on, especially that deep.........congrats

I hit a small 10k ring at 5 to 6 inches deep with the MX5, very similar. First time over it VDI was 18-20 and i'm thinking here we go another pull tab or foil. Wiggled back and forth across it and sound was short and sharp, hitting solid 18 VDI. It weighed in at 1.7. Now I am paying close attention to the low tones, finding more jewlery even if most of it is cheap stuff.

Very nice finds , your right the M6 doesn't leave much behind I love mine just wish they were lighter . Good job and good finds during a time of hard hunting . What coil was you using for these finds ?

I had the 8x6 SEF

Thats a great coil my favorite one to use with my M6 also .I like the 5.3 but sold mine don't have that one right now , do use the 4x6 dd in super trashy places its good also but have to slow down to keep from over running targets . I use to use a D2 10 inch DD for big open area's but sold that also so don't have anything but the standard 950 coil that comes with the M6 new . But hardly ever take the 6x8 off . I have dug indian heads a6 7 to 8 inches with it . Thanks was just curious what coil you used for those finds as I saw you also had a variety of coils for your M6 ..

yup a m6 + 6x8 sef is a great team ive found at least 20-25 coins every hunt I do and each hunt is 1 1/2 hrs or so also found a nice little money clip and a silver heart pendant it also goes deeper than the stock or 5.3 ill be using that combo for quite a while now Z

Not bad I went to this old park called Sun Set PK I saw 1 other MDer out there , he was in the sand lot - I think he had a mindlab I didn't talk to him as I was doing the edge of grass by the parking lot I musta found 30 pnnys and 1 qt and that's it, it was fun I just didn't have enough time to do all the things I wanted to I also went over to this PRO Craps players house and bought 1 of his little practice rigs for practice in your hotel rm befor you go down to the real tables, I also fount the Hitchin post RV park where I going to stay on extended time to MD & play craps,, fun trip ILL BE BACK Z

Had my M6 with a Eclipse 5.3 coil out in an old Eastern Oregon Ghost Town today. The place is infested with iron nails and small pieces of rusted tin. But the M6 and 5.3 coil was up to the challenge. It sniffed me out a 1903 Barber Half and a 1910 Wheatie. M6 is really a great machine.

I have a lot of great coils for as many hunting situations.
But when the chips are down and I want to get serious,
I grab the 5.3. It's the best one of the bunch.

Yes I agree, the 5.3 is hard to beat. I tried them all. The three coils that I use are the 9" Spider for less trash areas , the 5.3 ( 90% of the time) and the only DD I prefer and use in really trashy areas is the 5" DD from detech.

Those are some nice finds :thumbup:

Always fancied a M6 as all i have heard is nothing but good reports about them,the main Whites machine that i use over here in the UK is the DFX,alot of folks dont like it as its much harder to initially set up than say a M6,but i have had mine for since basically they came out as mine was one of the 1st in the country.

The 2 coils that i totally agree again on are the SEF 8x6 coil and the current No1 favourite the 5.3,i have had this coil for a few years but never really used it,but thought i would give it a try some months back on a roman trashy site littered with rubbish and it was the best coil for the job.So these 2 coils are my main use ones on the Whites.

Another big advantage that if i see a M6 at the right price i can use all my DFX coils on the M6,so no other major spending spree on another set of coils.

OregonGregg said:
Yes I agree, the 5.3 is hard to beat. I tried them all. The three coils that I use are the 9" Spider for less trash areas , the 5.3 ( 90% of the time) and the only DD I prefer and use in really trashy areas is the 5" DD from detech.

I just picked up the new 4 1/2" excel.
It's like using an Ice Pick. I think it will be a great nugget coil.

I just seen one the other day on ebay. Was tempted to get it. Let us know what you think of the 4.5 Excel. The only pic I could see of the 4.5 was shot from straight above so I couldn't tell if they thinned it up a bit or if its just as thick as the 5" If you can, could you post a few pics and your thoughts of the coil :)

The 4.5 is thin like the 6".
Very light, very sensitive and gets depth equivalent to the 5". I was hitting coins in the 6" range.
Very tight to work with, pin pointing is like a rifle shot.
I bought it to be used as a nugget shooter but if you are in trash, it will diesect the ground.
It is not an every day coil. But you already have the 5" so you know how that is.
I like it and think it is well worth the $119.00.

I bought it off the bay and Detech's service is excellent. Well packed and I got it very quickly. I think it took 10 days to get here.
It came with a coil cover and free shipping.

Thanks plidn 1 now i'm really tempted to get one and try it out.

I had a little problem getting the pics sized.

I like how the thickness is about half of the 5"DD. Well I pulled the trigger on getting one. A group of us this next spring are going to be doing a 7-9 day trip down into Nev. and hit several different ghost towns. Will give me a chance to work this little coil. Thanks for the pics.

I am not sure if there is really any noticeable difference in performance between the two. They are really very close.
But I too liked the slimmer version. Easier to maneuver in tight spots. I kept my 5".
You never know where one will be better then the other in a particular situation.
My hunting partner sold his 5" and now only uses the 4.5".
He used his 5" much more then I did and he says he likes the 4.5" better.