Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

M6 - Like Using A Pair OF Long Tweezers

Ya I don't expect any performance difference, but like you, I think I will like the slimmed down version better.

Since this post popped back to the top and as chance would have it, I actually had a chance for awhile today to hit an old ghost town and used the new 4.5" Detech coil. It did a good job in the trashy areas. And i also really like the slimmed down version. It did find me a nice token buried next to some braided up wire. Did a great job of sniffing it out. The token and the wire was only about 1.5 - 2" deep and I just scuffed the dirt away to expose them. I got a nice sound if only for a brief sec. My coil hit the token first before going over the wire. Was using the M6, disc set to just knock out a nail and sense was about 8. I did notice that I couldn't quite run it as high as I do using the 5.3 coil due to all the iron trash. If you kick it up too high the small coil will want to overload to easy but yet it still reached deep enough to do what I needed to do.

Gregg...

...Nice token, anything on the obverse? The Saloon and brothel tokens are my favorites, I've only found two of those in the 20 years of hunting, one from Springfield ILL. and one from Great Falls Mont. The token you found looked to be masked by the twisted wire, tough target I'm sure. Is there any advantage of the little Detech coil over the 5.3 Eclipse? just wondering as I am using the 5.3 Eclipse on my MX5. HH

Great Find.
I love it when a new coil proves it's self right out of the gate.
I haven't had a chance to put mine thru it's paces yet. Looking forward to it soon.
Go get em Greg.

Hi Hombre,
There might be a few advantages such as getting into tight places, under and near a fence and less masking in extreme trashy areas due to being a small coil. But what a person conceives as a "trashy area" varies from person to person. I use the 5.3 most the time in my regular trashy areas and there are some spots that I consider extremely trashy. A while back I hunted with some folks from the big city and they mainly hit parks and tot lots etc. We hit the ghost town and to them what I consider just a reg good ol trashy area, they considered it to be extreme. So I guess what I am getting at is your 5.3 coil will do the job, its the coil I use out at those kinds of places 90+% of the time. Will the 4.5 Detech replace my 5.3....nope. But its there in my bag when I find times that it will give me an advantage. Hombre over at the AHRPS site is a pic of both sides. It was from a saloon, but doesn't say "saloon" on the token....bummer.

And yes Pliden1, its great to know that a new coil will also find good targets too :smoke: When you get a chance to give yours a workout, let us know what you think.

I have a v3i and an m6. Right now the m6 outguns the v3i. I'm impressed with it. I'm not as experienced on the v3i yet. I know when I learn its capabilities it will outshoot my m6

overestimate the V3i.

Been there, done that. Both with other brands as well as with White's. Started using White's in the summer of '68, and as I wrap up my 50th year of detecting I can assure you that there are very solid reasons why I prefer 'Simple.' I like to have ample performance and available adjustment functions, but to keep it 'simple' and realize that a bucket-load of adjustment settings can't make one detector work like another.

I know people who use a V3i and like them, and do OK with them for what they perceive as being successful. I know more people, however, who have had the Vision, V3, V3i, VX3 and other upper-end models from other detector makers and they now own and use and depend upon their MXT Pro/MXT All-Pro or M6, or both. Match the coil for the task and keep it simple.

Biased opinions are free!

Monte

LOVE THE 4X6!!!

On the M6, it found me 31 gold items in less than three years.

Great coil - super separation, decent depth, dead on pinpointing