Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

M6 unstable ..Possible bad coil?...I need HELP

GaryF

Hey all

Got in my M6 and took it for a drive.

Went to a house and surrounding property that sits on an old railroad. The ground there is really bad with all the mineralization and stuff that has fallen from the trains. I took my Vaquero and would use the Vaquero to find a clean spot in AM then set up the GB on the M6...No matter what I did It would not remain stable...It sounded like a war under in my headphones. I tried Auto...Auto Lock after setting it up...Same....in Salt mode....Same. I tried tones mode but my brain is still recovering from that noise. I tried raising disc all the way to max but it seemed to have no effect at all and remained noisy. Yet when I lifted the coil and used disc it worked and it quieted down. I used a nickle to test and it blanked out correctly where it should on the Disc settings. I did manage to find two clad dimes thru all the noise but the VDI would not lock. The VDI was showing readings all across the board as I swept the ground. I would get a target...use pinpoint and the pinpoint always showed deeper than it actually was. One dime read 6 inches yet when I dug it was 2 inches down.

I remember way back when, I had purchased an XLT and the coil was bad. I kinda remember the detector acting the same but that was 20 years ago.

Has anyone else ever experienced this issue?

HELP

You don't say whether you've tried it in another, milder spot which may answer the question. However, I've seen posts from time to time where a coil with an issue got by and sent out to the dealer.
BB

It sounds like there is so much iron in the ground that you might do better with a small coil to help separate the targets. I avoid RR yards for that very reason, I don't have the patients to listen to all of the iron.

Chuck....The Vaquero has gotten coins down to eleven inches in that nasty ground. The GB once set then power balanced, super tuned only needs tended to once in awhile.

I spoke to Todd in Sweet Home and he's having me send it in. Guess I'll be swinging a my Spectrum while the woman uses the Vaquero for the next three weeks...lol

Bill,
Yeah I did and it was erratic in the calmer dirt as well.

Larry,
Brother you have to somehow find that patients for places like that....

I found this with the Vaquero after I shut off the M6.

That is a beauty for sure.

That coin hasn't been in a pocket to long by the look's of it.
Nice find !

I'm actually considering having the coin graded.

I was going thru my other IH's I found there and came up with a really nice 1864. It is a
tad more worn than the 65 but in nice shape. Ya know there is the "L" version of the 1864
and for the life of me in all the pics posted on the web I have yet to see the L...hehe

If I posted a pic of the coin is there anyone that could tell me yes it is or isn't a 1864 "L"?

Thanks
Gary