Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Made a headphone adaptor

Old California

Been using the wireless module, but once in a while audio cuts out and I'm thinking the issue may be from the small headphone connector inside the module, when I bump the module or small connector audio cuts out for a split second.

Pass experience with using small headphone plugs, too many issues with audio breaking up. Larger plugs (1/4") tend to out last smaller headphone connectors.

Switched to using the wired headset, problem solved crisp smooth audio. But with every hunt, I've stood up to fast or reached over to far and the plug gets ripped out from the headset or behind meter assembly. I'm afraid eventually may damage the plug assembly behind the meter assembly, so I made a headphone adaptor (1/8" to 1/4"). Can use my regular 1/4" headset, or stock headset with an adaptor. This prevents the meter assembly from that sudden cord jolt, all stress will be at the rear plug beside arm rest.

Would be nice if Minelab includes one of these with future Equinox purchases, may prevent serious damage.

HH, Paul

Im confused........ are you using the 600? I thought there was an adapter that came with the 800 but it just wasnt water proof? I dont intend on wrapping the coil cable....... ill run it straight up with slack near the handle then tape BOTH the headphones and the coil cable to the shaft so they dont pull or wiggle a lot.

[size=medium]My suggestion is not use the wm 08 modual, Just pait the phones direct to the detector. Works a lot better and no wires to pull out[/size]

[size=medium]Buddy_TX[/size]

I'm going to try and run module without supplied headphone cable, as Buddy suggested. Hopefully this takes away the short bursts of audio silence.

Sorry for the confusion, the supplied headphone cable is too thin and easily gets snagged.

Equinox 600 owners, I feel your pain.

HH, Paul

Thanks Buddy, charging the headset as I type this.

The included headphone cable has plenty of length, but it's thin cord easily gets snagged. Equinox 600 user's are goings to have a problem.

The headphone adaptor I put together, will eliminate this issue and allow user to use any headset.

Great! Got the headset changing. You're probably right using no cord should eliminate the broken audio.

Thanks again,
Paul

It worked Buddy, charged and paired the headphones without the module. Much better, audio is great no more audio break up.

Thanks!
Paul

I got some of those low lat . Ear buds.. just got them and paired.. sound way better than the ones that come with the 600.

So..... OC.... you arent using the WM08 and just paired it with bluetooth (ML80)?

[size=medium]No problem Paul, took me a while to figure out with mine what was going on.. Glad I could help

Buddy_TX[/size]

[size=medium]Dewcoon4414, Yep you don't need the wm08 module. just pair direct to the nox.

You may have to do a reset of the nox to Factory setting (I did) just hold down the power button on the nox 8 seconds or until it shows FP on the screen next push the bluetooth button on the top right of the nox till the pair signal flashes fast. hold the power button down on the headphones until the 3 leds on the phones blink RED and BLUE. wait for 8 to 15 seconds and you will see on the screen
the top right the headphone symbol Bluetooth symbol Then you are ready to go. Adjust the volume on the phones all the up then set the Nox volume to your liking[/size]

Looking for a solution to convert my brand new CTX GG Amphibians to use on the Equinox...I just called Detector Pro and they stated that Minelab had the male connector on the Equinox made specifically for them(proprietary). It will be another 2+ months before Detector Pro can obtain the connector...if Minelab works with them!

I've sent a few PMs looking for an adapter....this is getting frustrating and ML needs to provide an update on their waterproof headphones.:angry:

I'm just glad I don't live near a beach,

Bill