Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Made a lil time to get out and hunt today.

MikeO

Staff member
As many of you know getting old isn’t much fun sometimes.
I am the caregiver for my mom who has dementia. So, with that said finding time to get away isn’t easy anymore but, my hunting buddy and I broke away for a lil bit this morning.
We hunted a house we had never hunted and it turned up a few keepers for me. We didn’t hunt long maybe two hours but, boy did it feel good to get out.
Found a 43 Merc, 64 Wash, a 83 IH (in rough shape) and what I think is the neatest find was a McCormickline token.
The token says “the OK line” on the top then “all over the world” down at the bottom.
Also, dug numerous clad and a 1997 $1 dollar.
Anyways HAPPY HUTING everyone and keep swinging. 😀

Attachments

• 3107C1E9-F9DA-443A-AC77-871B69754A7A.jpeg
    3107C1E9-F9DA-443A-AC77-871B69754A7A.jpeg
    20.8 KB · Views: 80
  • CC3E0E71-F841-40CC-8239-219264E49046.jpeg
    CC3E0E71-F841-40CC-8239-219264E49046.jpeg
    24.1 KB · Views: 82
Great finds!! God bless you and your mom. Caregiving is extremely stressful. Glad you were to get a bit of time to yourself and relax with your hobby.

Mike, I commend you for taking care of your Mom… I was in the same position as you are now a few years ago.
My parents have both passed on now, and I have since retired.
Sometimes thinking back, I do not know where I got the energy to take care of my parents and work full time… out of all the hobbies I had at the time, detecting seemed to be the only one that helped me recharge my batteries so to speak.
I could only get out occasionally to detect, but even finding a few clad coins made all the difference back then.
You had a great hunt as far as I am concerned.🤗🤗

Been there. Wife’s Mom passed in 2015 and the house/property sold in 2017. Suddenly I only had half the chores to do around the property (both houses on adjoining 5 acre parcels), new people do their side and I do mine. Because we were here to oversee the property and semi take care of her, she was able to stay in the home they built in 1964 until her passing. Meant a lot to her to be able to stay where she felt comfortable.
Meanwhile, glad you were able to play hooky and do something for you!!

Familiar story here. My wife's mom moved in with us for her final years and needed special care.
Glad you were able to get some "you time", it's important. Congratulations on the great finds!

Nice finds Mike sorry about your Mom glad you got out to hunt.. My wife just read a story of a family taking care of their mom a great story about the family's faith ..
Mark