Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Made me think..

MuddyMo

I had to get together a ditch bag a few days ago as a wildfire was headed my way and growing rapidly (14,000 acres to 28,000 overnight now 34,000). Of course I gathered the essentials earlier and while waiting to see if evacuation was going to be required I started thinking what else I should take. I looked at my collection of detectors. When thinking about it I thought if I COULDN'T sell the one I took then which one would come. I decided it would be the one I like using the most, not the most expensive one. For some guys it would be the most advanced, others one for a dedicated use, for some the most expensive etc. One thing I did decide is I have too damned much crap that seems to own me as compared to me owning it. I'm not the only one that accumulates items but I will be downsizing and selling a lot in the future. Sometimes it takes an event of sorts (health, natural disasters etc) to get us thinking.

Last edited:
Sometimes less is more. My wife and I sold our home and contents when we retired. We are temporarily relocated in the desert southwest. We are traveling when we are not doctoring. It feels like freedom not having all the stuff and a large home to maintain.

We are getting to that age where the wife is eyeballing a rancher style home half the size of the house now. We raised four kids here and their rooms have sense been made into guest/spare rooms. Well two were, the other two seem to be the designated “junk” until we know what to do with it, or we might need it, or see if the grandkids want it rooms. Gonna miss that gal (or should I say room?). Im not ready yet but the inevitable is closing in fast.
As far as a fast approaching emergency? Grab photos etc. Thats one possession one can not replace, everything else is replaceable.

Muddy Mo, a house clearing just happened in my house this past week. To make it short, my daughter and I took out 14 trash bags of "stuff" and put it all in the dumpster. Still not finished. Next is the garage converted to a work shop. No telling what is lurking under things waiting to grab me.

I Need to get rid all of my handloading and gold hunting stuff. Still MD but don't shoot that much anymore. Since I have gotten older I can't shoot squirrels anymore. Life is what it is. Don't know if I will bow hunt anymore. I sure liked making jerky and sausage. Too soft.