Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Made some folks very happy today.....

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
I enjoy most types of detecting. But I must say finding lost items that are special to someone has got to be the most rewarding. I got a call a few days ago from Al at Prostock, asking if I could help a guy find a cell phone. Turns out this was a search that I just had to do. You see Paul is the father of Joe who owned the phone. Paul's 20 year old son Joe had left his home and was in a fatal car accident right down the road. The violent accident hppened a month ago. When it hapened all the windows in the car blew out and the cell phone was never found. Paul had informed me how much it would mean to his family, as the phone had many pics, contacts, and music that Joe had been recording that they had never heard. I was joined this morning by two friends John, and Jimmy. I had getten there early and hunted about 5 minutes when Paul arrived, followed by John and Jimmy. Paul shared with us about the accident then went home to get something. It was 30 degrees when we got started looking for the phone. Because it was on the side of the road there were many targets to check under the snow, but we checked them all. I use a 6" coil so I can get between branches, weeds, briars etc.... About 15 minutes into the hunt I found it under the snow and leaves nestled up next to a limb where the tops of a walnut tree had been cut down a few years ago. Not long after I found it two of Joes friends arrived. we visited while waiting for Paul to return. I set the phone on the cross that had been put there. When Paul returned I told him we were taking a break, and to come up by us. I then pointed at the cross, I immidiately seen the relief in his face as his eys filled with tears. He thanked us several times. I could tell how much it meant to him. Since that phone is semi water proof, I hope they are able to get the info thats on it. Thank you John and Jimmy for helping to look.

Attachments

• joe2.jpg
    joe2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 109
  • joe3.jpg
    joe3.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 108
  • joe4.jpg
    joe4.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 105
I enjoy most types of detecting. But I must say finding lost items that are special to someone has got to be the most rewarding. I got a call a few days ago from Al at Prostock, asking if I could help a guy find a cell phone. Turns out this was a search that I just had to do. You see Paul is the father of Joe who owned the phone. Paul's 20 year old son Joe had left his home and was in a fatal car accident right down the road. The violent accident hppened a month ago. When it hapened all the windows in the car blew out and the cell phone was never found. Paul had informed me how much it would mean to his family, as the phone had many pics, contacts, and music that Joe had been recording that they had never heard. I was joined this morning by two friends John, and Jimmy. I had getten there early and hunted about 5 minutes when Paul arrived, followed by John and Jimmy. Paul shared with us about the accident then went home to get something. It was 30 degrees when we got started looking for the phone. Because it was on the side of the road there were many targets to check under the snow, but we checked them all. I use a 6" coil so I can get between branches, weeds, briars etc.... About 15 minutes into the hunt I found it under the snow and leaves nestled up next to a limb where the tops of a walnut tree had been cut down a few years ago. Not long after I found it two of Joes friends arrived. we visited while waiting for Paul to return. I set the phone on the cross that had been put there. When Paul returned I told him we were taking a break, and to come up by us. I then pointed at the cross, I immidiately seen the relief in his face as his eys filled with tears. He thanked us several times. I could tell how much it meant to him. Since that phone is semi water proof, I hope they are able to get the info thats on it. Thank you John and Jimmy for helping to look.
Congrats Mike for finding it & I, too, Pray the info in the phone is all okay! You are always ready to help others, as Jesus gives you His help & strength! Amen! Ma

Nice job I lost my brother 4 years ago in a car accident we still have no idea exactly what happened I was detecting with him hours before we had a great day!
Mark

Nice job I lost my brother 4 years ago in a car accident we still have no idea exactly what happened I was detecting with him hours before we had a great day!
Mark
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Black Hat, Congrat's to you in your help and effort in finding this post phone for this Father and his family. I know it meant so much to them to have their sons phone back once again. I too hope and pray that all info on the phone was saved. This was the best news I've heard all day. You are a good man, and bring credit to our hobby. Well Done Black Hat!

I’ve never been called to handle that type of request. I have been at collision sites where items do exit the vehicle for one reason or another and wished I had a detector at the time. It was frowned upon for us to offer to come back as it was unfair to other detectorists who charge or take donations (i.e., we had inside info at the time). Thank you for being human and doing the right thing.

A jewel in your crown, Mike. Sad but awesome story. Well done, sir!!
HH okie

Mark
So sorry to hear this, Mark. One just never knows. Condolences!
HH okie