Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Magellan Meridian gold

Waterdog

I was looking into getting a Magellan Meridian gold as one of my first gps units. I would be using this for boating, metal detecting, and on trips. I wanted to see if anyone could tell me the good, bad and what ever on this unit. or if I should be looking at something else.
Thanks
CHris

Magellan Meridian Gold is a good receiver. It is very sensitive, locks on fast and keeps the lock better than most.
Just about the only thing I don't like about Meridian receivers: when loaded with detail maps, to see the detail, the map display has to be zoomed in that it shows only a very small area so it's hard to get any real overview.

Thanks for the fast response. What would you recomend for better maps? I could see me out there in a boat trying to find the shore and only see the water...lol

IMHO

For map viewing, Garmin and Lowrance are about even. They have much better transition between various zoom levels.
Lowrance iFinder series have the best reception I have ever seen in stand alone handheld receivers and the pricing is very competitive.
Garmin has more of a map selection but good receivers are a bit more expensive.