Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Magics program

magic

I have had alot of people asking for what I use... Well here is the basics of my program. Let me know you thoughts good or bad but after you try it out first.

Here is what I use..

Bottle cap and hot rock....off
accept -80 to +95 tones set to 5 on -80 to -5 and +95, all the rest are personal tone settings

rx gain I start at 10 and adjust for conditions
Discimination at 90 and adjust for conditions
All metal is at 75
fixed threshold 70
vco threshold 100
tone id on
Three frequency
lock track on and ground balance really good every 20 minutes
I use 5 hz on filters although I dont swing really slow
By doing air test it seems to pick up better at a moderate speed
recovery depends on the ground but I use 50 to 60 in trashy ground and 90 to 120 in good ground and slow my swing speed.
Under intensity I set my base threshold to 75
Fade rate is set to 5
resolution is 6
I set my headphone power level at 4 to conserve batterys.

Thats basically it in a nutshell. Of couse this is a base setup and has to be tweeked for your ground and area and coil selection. Try it out and let me know what you think. It gets really deep for me!

The tones don't matter its what we like. I'm running my base threshold at 70, we're close.
My all metal has been70, but with mixed mode I do run 75.
My resolution is at 4.
In trash I'm running 45 for recovery, close again. I haven't used the higher recovery delay, I'll see when I get back to Illinois.
I run the 5K a lot and have a slow swing.

I run 4 tones for everything.
1 for all minus VDI
1 for 0 - 17
1 for 21 - 54
1 for 18 - 20 55 - 93

I don't use 94 and 95, All my rejected VDI I also set to zero.
I use modified Hi- Pro but will be giving a modified mixed mode more time at home. Rob

What program do you use as a base program for modification? Is this for all metal or coins?

Silver

I am using the same type of settings,seems to be ever evolving with the more tid bits I learn. Its based on the coin and jewelery program. Yazoo

Hey Magic,
What coil are you using?

I set this program up from the coin and jewelry. I use this on all my coils and adjust for each coil. The smaller coils I can run up more. The larger ones I tune down. I use the 5.3, the 9.5, the D2, sef 6x8, super 12, and the 10x14 accelerator.

Magic your settings are very nice the only change I made was to change the audio tone of vdi 94 to 5 and filters to 7.5k using 80 recovery with a DD10 coil.

I hunted my sister

lasercat said:
Magic your settings are very nice the only change I made was to change the audio tone of vdi 94 to 5 and filters to 7.5k using 80 recovery with a DD10 coil.

I hunted my sister