Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Magnifier app for Android that takes pictures...

pacer

Not sure if anything like this is available. I'm looking for a Android app for my smart phone that is both a magnifier and has the ability to take a photo after magnification. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I bought those cheap plastic jeweler loops from harbor freight... I just scotch tape the loop over the camera lens when I take close up pics...I then crop and edit in my photo editor app.. [attachment 368920 6875E1B5-770D-4EA4-9204-4BF9064473EE.jpeg]. Here is an example...

Play Store for Android has exactly what you're looking for.....it's called "Magnifier". Works great.

pacer,

I don't know about Android, but I recently got one for iPhone called "SuperVision+ magnifier" that does exactly what you are asking about, and then some. I really like it, and it does just what I need it to. I imagine there is a version for Android, as well...

Steve

All my androids had one buried in the widgets.

open your phone.
Hold your finger on the screen for a few seconds and it should bring up some new screens and/or option that says "widgets"
Usually, there is a magnifier. You may have to swipe left or right a few times to new sub-screens to find it. Then hold that and drag it to your main screen.
Mine Samsungs always had photo taking capabilities, zoom, and flashlight control.

My iPad 7 has the magnifier and when you get the picture right you have to take a screen shot for your picture file.
Hers a hint. If you have a hard time reading the date place a small flashlight on the table a ways away and shine it across the coin and that will help the letters or numbers stand out so you can read the. I do this all the time.

Doug

Good call Doug.

I do that sort of. I'll stand my phone on edge with the light on shining across the horizon of the coin and shoot straight on with my DSLR and that helps get awesome detail that the naked eye and ambient light can't pick up.
From there upload to a computer and enlarge if needed.

That’s the only way I can see some of the details. I showed that trick last month to the Detecting club I belong to and some were amazed at how close ir will go.
And some were downloading the app.
But doing it that way it will not take a picture. So when you get it on the screen you have to take a screen shot. Works fine that way.

Doug

I use an android app called cozy magnifer and microscope ver 4.0.2. takes real close up pics of my jewelry fines. It has 8x mag

Many times by shinning a light across the coin and taking the picture is the only way I could read the date .

sgoss66 said:
pacer,

I don't know about Android, but I recently got one for iPhone called "SuperVision+ magnifier" that does exactly what you are asking about, and then some. I really like it, and it does just what I need it to. I imagine there is a version for Android, as well...

Steve
I concur Steve this app works great thanks