Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Maiden hunt with GTI 2500

GoGoGopher

Had a great hunt with the 2500 on Saturday Afternoon...It was a hot one, but I braved 2 hours to hunt a field I have hit many times with the old QXT Pro and the AT Pro...I was surprised at how deep the GTI 2500 found coins...The ground was like concrete and I was digging 6-8 inches and finding clad.
One hole was very weird..I found 6 wheats and a copper button on top of a square nail...Signal rang like a dime because of all the targets...I got to 8 inches with the opening of my hole only being 3 inches across, and I gave up...The ground was just too hard...I pulled the 6 coins, the button, and the nail, and called it quits and filled in the hole and marked it with a large rock...Hopefully I can go back and find more coins in the hole after it rains some...
Here is my take for the maiden hunt...Wheats dated 1912, 1938, 1939, 1946, 1949, 1953D, 1956 ... Also found 1976 memorial, and 1966 and 1967 dimes...

DSCN6974aa.jpg

I did NOT get the Eagle Eye coil with the package

06-30-12PorterSchool.jpg

HH,

Update: I just noticed the face of a Russian man on the 1976 memorial...Spooky, seeing as the house that once stood here was owned by a Russian man who died and left a Widow who died about 10 years later, then the house burned to the ground when some kids started a fire that got out of control in the empty building...

Sounds like you and the GTI2500 are gonna get along just fine GOGO. :thumbup:

The GTI 2500 is no slouch! Mine has pulled in many silver coins, rings and relics. It's also a real killer running the sniper coil in the true all metal mode. Looking forward to seeing more of you finds.:thumbup:

No comparison on recovery speed...2500 needs almost 6 inches of separation...I have not tried the DD coils on it yet...Should be faster with that configuration...Depth with the 12" coils is great...dimes at 10-12 inches...You have to keep the swing speed slow though...too fast, and you go right past the targets...it takes a bit of practice...I need to get some smaller coils, and the 8.5x11 DD for the 2500 (not the same as the AT series coils, but looks the same)...I also need to see if there is a CPU upgrade also...

HH,