Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Major issue with etrac! Help!!

~ACE~

I was going about my business hunting an awesome cellar hole that I've hit in the past. Got a few keepers then all of a sudden, my etrac started giving me foil-button numbers constantly. I lifted the coil and shook it with the same numbers showing up. Took the coil and shaft right off and did a master reset. Then I noticed that if I touch the pins on the main unit where the coil wire plugs in, it will go off with those same numbers...with no coil attached! Please someone tell me my baby isn't fried! I could really use some help here guys. I'm checking to see if there is warranty left on it.

I don't believe the unit is "fried" however the pin contacts on the inside (where pin is attached to the circuit board) may have come loose. Time to send her in for a check up!

Well that's better news than what I've heard so far! Still sucks, but better than the motherboard being "fried"

Update:
I found one pin had some corrosion but it didn't seem like enough to cause a problem. Cleaned it up and tried my small coil on it again. Worked perfectly. Tried the stock coil on it and it started falsing again. Turns out there was 2 problems. The small coil false when I was troubleshooting the problem, but that was due to the corrosion. My stock coil seems to have a short in it somewhere

when that happened to me i had to send it in because it was still under warranty and it would "come and go"...the guy said he replaced a support inside the head that holds the small stub of cable inside the head and that took care of it. it was a loose/wobbly/bad connection from the small cable to the board.

Ace did you PM me on another site? I lost my password to that site. Like I said its not a big deal, its just a loose connection. If not under warranty and they have to fix it Im sure it would be a relatively cheap fix.

I don't think I did. I'm RelicMedic on the other forums. They are going to replace the coil under warranty. Whew!