Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Major price differences on T2's

Dirt Poor

How can someone sell a new T2 with 6.5 softwear for 650.00? Most T2's go alot higher. Just curious. I have been looking for a good used one, but found a new one cheaper than most used ones. I'm expecting to be very happy or let-down.

A 6.5 from an unknown source could be a counterfeit. It may look like the real thing but probably won't work right, if at all. And you're stuck. The vendor is already a crook and has no way to fix it anyhow. If it comes here for repair, we'll probably confiscate it since the thing is illegal.

Your best protection aganst counterfeits is to buy from a reputable dealer.

--Dave J.

Dave J is right about counterfeits. But you get a serial number from the prospective seller and call Teknetic's and verify it's genuine. And sometimes price isn't a red flag. Theirs many people who have them that just aren't interested and will sell for a loss to get some of their money back and others who received them as a gift and just want quick cash instead. And their are many members here and on other forums who sell more expensive machines almost new for a larger loss than you'd believe. Just check it out with Teknetics and if it's theirs they'll let you know. I think most of the bogus ones have been sold and or removed from the market and just do the smart thing and have the serial number checked out first. I forgot to add that that African Gold Rush caused their price to sky rocket in some markets and I've seen one last month on Feebay they wanted $1700 for !! They did go for that during the T2 shortage but not anymore. Now I've seen them go for from $500 and up to $850 tops. HH, Woodstock

Along with what Dave J. (lead engineer for First Texas) & Woodstock are telling you, another major reason you must purchase from a AUTHORIZED dealer is the 5 year warranty. No authorized dealer....no warranty. First Texas requires a copy of your sales receipt before they will do warranty work. Also, the warranty is not transferrable. Buy any First Texas detector used..... no warranty....period. If you are considering purchasing a First Texas product, give one of the forum sponsors a call. They are very competitive in their pricing. And can probably do better than authorized dealers on FeeBay in regards to pricing. Plus they will take excellent care of you since they want to maintain their excellent reputations on FindMall. Just a recommendation.

Terradigger hit the mark 100% cause our sponsors are simply the best there is to find when your looking for a deal.
Even buying used they'll back it up because they've tested it and their fine reputation is on the line. I on the other hand can't pass up a good deal so I would check the serial numbers, call First Texas for their verification. And I'm also know how they were supposed to work and I;m pretty good at recognizing a counterfeit so I know it when I seen it. But if you can't hold it in your hands and check it out unless it's from one of us that has a proved record of honesty then I'd question everything about it. Best Regards and Happy Trails, Jeff - Woodstock

That's good news Dirt Poor I'm glad to here it and we're alway's here to help and pass on anything we know. So are you picking it up? Happy Hunting, Woodstock

Woodstock said:
That's good news Dirt Poor I'm glad to here it and we're alway's here to help and pass on anything we know. So are you picking it up? Happy Hunting, Woodstock
Thanks! I will be picking it up Thursday or Friday. Plan on taking it to the beach later in Sept...If there's any beach left when I get there.:laugh: Of course I'll only dry sand hunt with it. I'll take the Excal for the wet. I mainly got this machine for relics, which will probably be later on in the fall. I have a friend that always out-digs me with his Minelab Explorer, so hopefully it will be a little more competition! Thanks again!!

Here she is! Doesn't appear to have come from China! Got a 5 year warranty, too. The guy says if it quits working, call and ask to speak to Xiang Chao and he will take care of it....:lmfao: But seriously, this is a well-made machine!!!!

I recently bought a used T2 . This label was on the box . Mine turned out ok . I wasn't even aware there were Asian knock offs being made .

I never seen one but there was a rumor back when they were selling for up to two grand during the African Gold Rush two summers back. That when they were on back order. I can't confirm the rumor nor deny it, maybe people just could get theirs to work right through operator error and blamed it on that, who knows? .I know I'm going to get feedback for that remake but it is something to think about. But they are great machines and learn to use it right and you'll love it. Happy Hunting, Woodstock

Thanks Woodstock , I'm liking mine . It's taking me a bit longer to get the hang of it than I thought but It is definitely a keeper .:thumbup:

Thanks for the replies! I've been digging a long time, but this machine "trips my trigger" more than any of the others I've had. Now, we have a darned hurricane to contend with. I'm plugged into a generator as I write this...:|