Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Make sure to check your backmarks

jayhop

I went on a short hunt this afternoon and didn't have a lot of luck. I thought.
After I got home I decided to clean up my finds and check out this button because I rememberd it gave a nice high tone simular to a copper penny. That's what I thought it was when I first saw it.
I was going to look up the backmark to try to age the button.
I didn't have to look very hard. The first thing I saw when I looked at the back was the date 1829. As far as I know this is the only one of these I have ever found but I'm going to check my other buttons soon.
Andrew Jackson President 1829

Thank you. I'm really going to pay closer attention to backmarks from now on.

Thank you.

That is one cool button for the Display. Well Done on a Great save on a piece of our American History.

n/t

I did the same thing, found the same button. Sometime later tumbled a handful of flats to check back marks. There was the 1829 A.J. Have no idea where I found it. HH Jerry

I put my finds in a zip lock bag and write on the outside where they were found. I don't know how I wind up with bags without the location written on them.
That would be one thing I would advise guys staring out to do, catalog you finds. It will really mean a lot to you in the years to come.
Congratulations on your find.