Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Making someones day!

mclucky

Sometimes we get to make someones day;it's been a few years now but one of my best return memories as I recall. Had dug a very pretty class ring...1969. It was the prettiest ring I'd ever dug. Gold with a red stone and the school's dragons on both sides. After rinsing off the dirt initials were inside...and the hunt began. First was the trip to the library....a yearbook and a name that matched those initials....then came the dead ends....the school was no help,phone books struck out....and didn't no what to try next. Well I had heard of this site called classmates.com and for a fee(don't remember how much) I joined. I gave them the info i had and they came up with some addresses. Next came the road trip...drove to the town and started knocking doors. I had three places to try and struck out at the first two.At the third the folks told me that they had bought their home from somebody by the same name.They also told me that that person had passed,(turned out to be my guy's dad)but they had a phone number for a daughter.This turned out to be the guy that I was hunting sister. She was very hesitant to help until I explained I was trying to return a ring. Five minutes after that phone call my phone was ringing and I was talking to the owner. Made arrangements to meet.Stopped buy a local jewelry store had that ring cleaned...it was a sight. Well it was early Jan. as I remember dropped the ring off...the smiles were amazing...he couldn't remember exactly how he lost it...but he slid it on his finger and it still fit.In leaving all I remember was the thanks and this "this is better than Christmas". It is a great feeling to "Make someones day" !!

Great story Steve, thanks for sharing. RTO's does the soul good.......:biggrin:

You're the man Steve. There's a reason why you have found all those rings and returned them to their owners. :angel: It's paid back in many priceless ways. HH, Nancy

Thanks for taking the time to return the ring. Job well done.