Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Making Your Own Underwater Headphones

Dukester75 said:
I made an adapter cable to work with my equinox using this extension cable and connector. The connector pins can be removed easily and the 3.5mm cable plug can be glued in without any soldering (drilling out the connector is required).

Scuba, these are super cheap headphones, but sense they insert right into your ear, they are quite loud with the equinox and in my limited testing the tones sound pretty good with them. You might consider trying them. If you use a hood, I'd think they would fit comfortably underneath.

Is that extension cable waterproof?

adamBomb said:
I made an adapter cable to work with my equinox using this extension cable and connector. The connector pins can be removed easily and the 3.5mm cable plug can be glued in without any soldering (drilling out the connector is required).

Scuba, these are super cheap headphones, but sense they insert right into your ear, they are quite loud with the equinox and in my limited testing the tones sound pretty good with them. You might consider trying them. If you use a hood, I'd think they would fit comfortably underneath.

Is that extension cable waterproof?

The connection to the equinox is and that's all I'm concerned about. I'm only hunting fresh water so corrosion of the other connector shouldn't be to much of an issue. Get a longer cable and keep the other end out of the water or wrap with some silicone tape if it is a concern.