Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Makro Kruzer can’t GB in beach mode

Kapok

I posted this question in ‘therover’ discussion below but should have started its own thread. I’m in North Carolina on vacation for a week and trying my Kruzer on the beach. I cannot get it to GB in Beach Mode. When I bob the coil, the sound just increases dramatically when the coil gets close to the wet sand. I tried numerous times and eventually just gave up. I have done the software update and have never used beach mode before, so all the defaults for that mode should be in place. Anything you can think of that I should try?

Page 11 states:

"6) In some cases where the iSAT value is set high, the device may not be able to ground
balance automatically. In such a case, first lower the iSAT in GEN mode and after ground
balancing switch it back to its previous position."

It's worth a shot.

Dave_E said:
Page 11 states:

"6) In some cases where the iSAT value is set high, the device may not be able to ground
balance automatically. In such a case, first lower the iSAT in GEN mode and after ground
balancing switch it back to its previous position."

It's worth a shot.
iSAT is currently set at 0. I tried 1,2,3,4 as well, just to see. Didn’t change anything.

Ground Balancing in salt water Beach mode opens up the scale from 0 to 99 I think - Gen Mode GB is from 20 to 99.

Beach GB range is normally 0-25 - I guess you can manually set it up

so GB in Gen will not work because you can not go below 20 GB

Where are you hunting - dry sand - wet sand or coil under water.

I think Each of these locations require a different GB number. So if you wander from dry sand to wet sand you are out of balance and need to re balance.

This is all new to me but seems to be what I read. So you should stay in one of these areas once you balance out.

Dry sand does not require Beach Mode- use any other mode you like.

Anyone else knows more about this?

Well at risk of being ridiculed again I will give you my two cents worth. There will be times that no matter what you do it will not GB at the beach. You can lower the iSAT till the cows come home and it will not do any good. Read the section on manual GB and try that. In wet sand and salt water 00, 01 & 02 will be fine. Dry sand manual GB. Good luck to everybody.

\"Carolina\" said:
Well at risk of being ridiculed again I will give you my two cents worth. There will be times that no matter what you do it will not GB at the beach. You can lower the iSAT till the cows come home and it will not do any good. Read the section on manual GB and try that. In wet sand and salt water 00, 01 & 02 will be fine. Dry sand manual GB. Good luck to everybody.

I wouldn't ridicule you. I'm the one who can't figure out his detector

Kapok said:

I wouldn't ridicule you. I'm the one who can't figure out his detector

My comment was not aimed at you!!! I understand your frustration. Believe me, I know your pain. Earlier before the update came out, I tried explaining my detector was having GB issues ( one, it would not GB in 3Tone & two hardly ever at the beach ). I tell you, I understand. I was given the update as well as another gentleman to load a week before it was made public, just to see if it worked. We both had previously lowered the iSAT well below 04 to no avail. It was like the Kruzer was not switching to GEN. mode when GB was attempted. The update did make a 90% improvement for me though. On occasion I still have problems at the beach. Again, with headphones in GEN mode, listen to the threshold while raising and lowering your coil and make the appropriate adjustment. Wish you luck.

When did you do it ? It looks like the date on the file I downloaded is 3/23/2018.

Did you do the update prior to then, because if so, maybe this is a newer version ?

therover said:
When did you do it ? It looks like the date on the file I downloaded is 3/23/2018.

Did you do the update prior to then, because if so, maybe this is a newer version ?
I installed it a couple of days after it was released.

Dears . when you start to talking about the ground balance . like you are talking about the MINELAB Excalibur machine , because only the Excalibur machine can challenge the ground if inside the beach water or shallow water . yes my favorite machine is makro but I'm not sure if the kruzer can fight the black sand and salt water . regards

I am taking the MK back to the beach Thursday. Just did the update. Will report back.

Will try to GB in all modes in the wet and dry sand. Going to make a mental note what the readings are in both scenarios.

Was finally able to GB on the beach today. I did a factory reset, then it GB’d on the second attempt and ran smoothly thereafter.