Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Makro Kruzer in the water

mtdoramike

Has anyone tried their Kruzer in the water yet, if so, how well did it do. Is it weighted enough to where it wasn't floaty. One of the issues I had with the AT Pro was that it was kind of hard to keep it under the water and when swinging it, you had to put quite a bit of effort to keep the coil from rising too far up off of the sand.

There are videos on Youtube by those who have it submerged during hunting.

Not true. the only thing I have found on You Tube with the Kruzer is Beach hunting, I have found none where the machine was actually submerged.

Yes it is true. I saw the Video - The user shows how well the Kruzer picks up on a gold chain on the beach and then in deep water

Here's the one that submerges the Kruzer. The video starts off with a search where only
the coil is under water. Later in the video, the entire detector is under water.

I found it by searching in Youtube for the two terms: Kruzer underwater

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNfviMdto5c

Maybe there are other videos that submerge, but at least there is this one.

Had mine in the fresh water twice so far.
Very neutral in the water.....definitely not buoyant.
Stock coil has a lot of drag though, due to the center rib.
Not a deal breaker though as the stock coil is
still very sensitive on small gold jewelry
I'll probably end up getting a 9.5x5 for the water

The stock coil surface floats in freshwater the 5x9.5 is described non buoyant. My 5x9.5 does not surface float and very slowly descends.
I assume in salt water, the stock coil will have even more resistance to sinking than the 5x9.5. The 5x9.5 would be the better "wading" shallow water hunting coil.
The stock coil would be fine skimming across the surface in saltwater 1-2" deep near shore.

The stock coil is just fine in salt water. Only problem is no depth. 5" on a quarter. Carter and his 14k chain, well it must be loaded with copper. My Kruzer will not hit a chain in Beach. It will in Deep and 4 tone but only in damp and dry sand.

Electricfrontporch said:
Had mine in the fresh water twice so far.
Very neutral in the water.....definitely not buoyant.
Stock coil has a lot of drag though, due to the center rib.
Not a deal breaker though as the stock coil is
still very sensitive on small gold jewelry
I'll probably end up getting a 9.5x5 for the water

That extra drag would be a deal breaker for me. This machine needs a larger concentric coil with low drag before it would peak my interest. Love the fact that it has a higher waterproof rating then that "other" new machine.

JMHO from another fresh water hunter.