Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Makro Multi Kruzer Charger

JEF

troll
I just received my Makro Multi Kruzer from Turkey today. Unfortunately, the Charger that they sent with it has a European plug that I cannot plug in to charge my detector. I was wondering if I can plug the usb cable into the charger for my Ipad and use that instead of the one that came with it. The manual says to only use the Makro charger, but I can't use it if I can't plug it in to an outlet. The specifications on the Makro charger and the Ipad charger appear to be pretty much identical.

The included charging brick for the MMK is a 3.1 amp charger. I would think charging with anything with less Amps would just take longer to charge.
Charging with a higher amp charger I believe would cause the damage.
My MMK I purchased 6 months ago didn't come with one either which was silly. I ordered an adapter off Amazon prior to charging.
Guess it's a way to cut costs. Or it's an honest mistake to be forgotten.

Nokta said on the forum here earlier that basically any USB charger will work. Yours should've come with a US adapter to stick on the EU plug, mine did. I charge my headphones with one of my extra USB chargers while using the supplied ones for the detector, no probs so far

Mine didn't come with an adapter. Just the European plug.

The MMK charger brick and adapter is Abysmal. I tossed that combo in the trash and used my NOOK charging plug to charge the Kruzer.

I found an adapter. I found one at the local Goodwill thrift store. In the electronics section they have a bin with all kinds of assorted cords, plugs and miscellaneous items. I went digging through the bin and found one. So, it is all charged up now and ready to go.

On my MMK the adapter is made of two pieces you can separate them. The transformer section has a common two pin socket that is common for some appliance cords.
I have a similar removable cord and plug on my electric Razor. That cord works perfect and attaches to the charger.

galwayboy said:
Nokta said on the forum here earlier that basically any USB charger will work. Yours should've come with a US adapter to stick on the EU plug, mine did. I charge my headphones with one of my extra USB chargers while using the supplied ones for the detector, no probs so far

X2

JEF said:
I found an adapter. I found one at the local Goodwill thrift store. In the electronics section they have a bin with all kinds of assorted cords, plugs and miscellaneous items. I went digging through the bin and found one. So, it is all charged up now and ready to go.

JEF,

Ingenious! Well done! I've only ever dropped stuff off into my local Goodwill...great Tip.

But, hang on a second, are you certain there wasn't a lil white box inside the detector shipping carton that can be a bit like "LEGO", as they normally ship with a few different country's plug types!!!
You can 'push on' the one you want to use for your country!!!

Mine came with the adapter, my friend's didn't. Any 2 - 3 amp charger will work. Chargers with a lesser amp output will take longer to charge the MMK.

An iPhone or iPad charger will work just fine, I used one for a while as I don't like the hokey adaptor. What I find odd is that their power chargers have an interchangeable plug (like the iPad/iPhone chargers) yet they include an extra adaptor.

Any rate, your Apple charger will work fine.