Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Makro Multi Kruzer Thoughts and video

Keith Southern

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyLA-Iw9Ako&ab_channel=relics1864[/video]

As far as the Multi Kruzer goes...to me it's a Nice unit to have and gives Racer /Impact type performance.So what's wrong with that??I think it may be the better of all the units in unmasking coil for coil..Yet in a rugged self contained package...I like the idea of having all electronics in one housing and sealed up...I like I can use it in rain or dirty environs and just hose it off..The housing is of a very durable rubberized coating and can take a beating say against rocks and such...

I have found that in heavy iron and deep iron the 19Khz is the way to go for not having to chase deep and or larger iron that may read good on 5-khz or 14-Khz and when in heavy iron habitat sites the 19Khz seems to UNLOCK the best with the ground balance left on 90..

5khz is a beast of a mode for deeper high coins deeper and big brass in deep mode...using a slower sweep speed not really too slow..just a smooth lazy swing...Yet still quite well at unmasking.And doesn't particularly bother you with the tiny stuff to boot.

14Khz is fantastic for multi period habitat sites..

The option is there to use ID from 14-Khz for 5-Khz and 19-Khz or have it to be separate/exact for each freq..

The EUD Extra Underground Depth is more for dealing with very high mineralization and I have had to look long and hard for some mineral to see its benefit...yet I did find a specimen and it cleaned up a grunt with target under it to a legitimate high tone.

iSAT should be left on zero as it will affect the disc mode too..and offer better unmasking ability and mineral see through..think of it as a filter.my video had it on 1.Tried to show it as stock as I could..things cna be tweaked for more performance.

Battery life very adequate for all day 8-10 hour hunt with room to spare.

You can offset freq in any freq for EMI...and it works very well..Machine is sparky by nature especially in 2 tone and 4 tone the hot rod modes..and I've used offset a few times in urban EMI to cleanly silence EMI on all the freqs..

I enjoy three tone for even heavy iron..and I prefer to set my Hz tones to my liking..you can change the Hz tones and tone breaks in any mode!In three tone I like iron to be 15(150 Hz) and mid tone to be 47(47 Hz) and high tone to be 70(700 hz)...Three tone to me in iron is stellar for really zeroing in on those mid tones yet still allows me to notice the low high tone bounce of large iron and alert me also to a solid high tone( the blood pumper hits)...No need to look at meter..Tone breaks are at 15 ID and I like 65 ID for high tone break..the real deep mid conductors will give a Nice turkey gobble like this!!!Like three ringers at 10 inches or more..Beautiful sound and very telling!!

Auto tracking is very Nice( excellent system ) if required but I use ground grab mostly.and stay locked.

backlight adjustable and very well lit

Nice big ID numbers..easy to navigate menu system with all info right on screen at all times.

Ability to notch any ID number in multi segments and assign iron tone to notched Items if you like and control the volume of that notched item..( yes I can take credit for that Mak/Nok Feature.I like to hear it all no matter what...LOL)

Handgrip is really thick durable rubber and does not slip around on shaft..

Machine can be a little nose heavy but not AT Pro heavy with stock coil Yet it feels so rugged and non flexing shafts It not a real issue to me anyways..I can see someone making a pistol grip straight shaft at some point I bet..since the housing is simply slid on with one screw....Lower rod is carbon fiber and very good quality at that!

Armcuff is now very tall on the sides and secures the arm very nicely its flexible enough to accommodate a coat or bare arm..THANK YOU!!!No more modding of arm cuffs needed!!Should be on all of they're units!!

The best part of the unit is the ability to UNMASK and it does that on a world class level..Nuanced Blendy Bleedy audio!!!HArd not to like Racers/Impacts/Cores/Kruzers after seeing what they can do in trash and iron..Depth is right there with other Vlfs...

With freq choices and tone modes etc..It can be all a person needs in a VLF..A dedicated salt water hunter or prospector may look for specialized equipment but if it's like a racer or Impact and I dare say it is, it should do well on certain salt waters and may be all that person requires.

The MMK offers alot options and Par Excellence build...If you want the Mak/Nok DNA in waterproof setup well this is it..

It lacks some of the modes of the Impact..and one is Mixed mode..((I asked but did not receive LOL))Think STRONG Racer 2 DNA with selectable freqs Like Impact and we have a Hybrid of both in a well thought out design!!Tones do seem a little Crisper/Tighter on the MMK and machine seems a little more sure of itself on masked targets.

Im happy to welcome it to the arsenal as it is waterproof and compact and I can go anywhere even in rain which I have many times so far and maybe hit some lakes this spring and take it to the salt water this summer if i can get time in for a hunt during my daughters Softball World Series..I remember the first time I hunted a salt beach with my Red Racer and 5x10 coil I said then, man I wish I could get this Racer in a waterproof package as its doing well in this Gulf coast surf..Well they did just that and gave us some freq options too!!

Keith

Keith - You said it so much better than I could have! Multi Kruzer has replaced a number of my other detectors.

In the video, Keith’s Kruzer has a small boot covering the coil connector. Mine does not have this. Anyone else?

Kapok said:
In the video, Keith’s Kruzer has a small boot covering the coil connector. Mine does not have this. Anyone else?

Mine does not.

Someone asked the same question in the YouTube comments. According to CalCobra they dropped it on the production models. I should have looked at the comments before posting here.

I have been experimenting on the bench regarding tone breaks and tone audio frequency after reading Keiths settings.
Have to admit changing them makes a difference and really makes different targets stand out.

I like at this point
2 Tone Mode
low tone 15, high tone 47, may change to 70

3 Tone Mode
low tone 15, mid tone 47, high tone 70

4 Tone Mode
low tone 15, low mid tone 47, high mid tone 64, high tone 70

Finding the 7" concentric coil is better than the DD at finding a small gold chain clasp at 19khz with a disc setting at 2, which allows iron to come thru. The clasp ID's as #4, iron, low tone. Might be better for Micro gold jewelry hunting. 3 Tone with Gain cranked to 94 helps out.

The Canadian clad now for sure give a more distinct audio.

Sven said:
The Canadian clad now for sure give a more distinct audio.

Would that be because of the concentric coil or because of the tone properties of the Kruzer ? Both perhaps ?

Probably both, but, it has more to do with the tone pitch due to our individual hearing capability, loss..... Certain pitch tone frequencies, we can hear better than others. If the frequencies pitch breaks are far enough apart, its easier to hear the difference between them.

Appears too many testers felt that it would be for many, a real issue putting it back in place. Especially for those with no patience, would probably cut it off... It was a good idea, not really needed, the connectors are waterproof.

Thanks Sven. The Kruzer is on my radar. I can always use a detector that makes it easier to find the nickel plated steel coins.