Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Makro Racer, is this machine manufactured in Turkey

mtdoramike

or where? I have had a couple of trade offers for Racers, for my AT Pro, but wondered what owners of Makro Racers did if they had a mechanical issue and where do they send them in for tuning or repair, if they aren't made in the USA?

Thanks,
mike

They are made in Turkey but they have a US Distributor in Southborough, MA. Metaldetector.com does a great job with any warranty or repair work.

If someone is offering you to trade your AT Pro for their Racer 2, provided you're not a water hunter and they are in similar condition, you need to jump all over that.

No, not the Racer 2, it's the Red Racer pro pack. But no, I'm not a big water hunter, I'm a bit too old for that kind of hunting. I bought the AT pro because I was going to spend a bit of time down in the Islands and wanted a dual machine. But after a couple of trips in the water up to my waist with the AT pro, I quickly realized that it's a bit much for me. So I'm back to mainly sand beaches. I sold my last C$ to buy the AT pro and although the AT is a great machine, I miss my Fishers and especially my C$. But thought I would give one of these Racers a try out.

mike

It is way better then the AT Gold or Pro in my dirt

I love my at pro it's found me a lot of gold rings, BUT the Racers work excellent in the wet salt sand I really think it's the best single freq machine for beach hunting.

John

has replaced my AT's as the go to units in the iron infested cellar holes. I don't even think my videos do justice to how "fast" the Racers are. I can pick out every individual nail now, where on the AT Gold sometimes would just give a long low tone "blur" in a bed of nails. All my cellars are fair game again :)

I sold my AT pro but missed it that much I decided to grab an AT gold as it was going for an absolute bargain.
My main reason was for the all terrain aspect and where I'm located we have many freshwater rivers,streams and creeks. In the summer they are pounded by tourists and locals to escape the heat. So it was a no brainer for me.I have had great success in the water with the AT.
On land the Racer is king.

I did real well with my Red Racer at the beach, it's a solid machine. I also had an AT Pro, and while it's a decent machine in its own right, the Racer is a far better machine, and the much larger display is easy to read compared to that tiny display on the AT.

Go for it Mike you won't go wrong the racer is a top contender in my soil :thumbup: