Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MAKRO RACER - PRODUCT PAGE

D&P-OR said:
I asked that question from Makro & didn't get an answer.-----It would be nice if coil covers did come with the coils in the Pro pack----seems like they would.
Finder82 said:
I have a question..does the stock coil come with coil cover and what about the small coil, does it have a coil cover also?

I could be wrong but I thought I saw where it was posted that the 11x7 doesnt include the cover but the small coil does...

SavingThePast said:
D&P-OR said:
I asked that question from Makro & didn't get an answer.-----It would be nice if coil covers did come with the coils in the Pro pack----seems like they would.
Finder82 said:
I have a question..does the stock coil come with coil cover and what about the small coil, does it have a coil cover also?

I could be wrong but I thought I saw where it was posted that the 11x7 doesnt include the cover but the small coil does...

That is not good at all, if it is true. I am currently looking very hard to buy the pro pack, but I will not use the detector without the the coil covers. All detectors coils should come with a coil covers included or if not, they should clearly mention about in it the detector information.

Hello ...regarding coil covers - The stock coil is an injection molded coil so there is no epoxy bottom. You can still buy a cover for it seperately. The small coil includes a coil cover and spare ones can also be purchased.

The way I understand it, but I can be wrong too is the ID filter is actually a disc setting as in disc it is preset to all metal, but has the 2 or 3 tones depending on which one you chose, so now you can set the ID filter to rid yourself of rusty nails if you want or even the small pieces of alum foil so you don't get any audio on them. Not sure how far you can set it up right now as I don't have a copy of the manual at my computer right now. So as I say I feel it is like a disc setting on other detectors so everything lower than the setting will have the audio nulled or broken up and you will hear everything higher than that setting. So if you filter out the pull tabs you also lose your nickles and anything lower than that setting.

Rick

Nokta Detectors said:
Hello ...regarding coil covers - The stock coil is an injection molded coil so there is no epoxy bottom. You can still buy a cover for it seperately. The small coil includes a coil cover and spare ones can also be purchased.

Thanks for the answer. I still would like to see coils covers included to every coil you put in your detectors.:thumbup:

Finder82 said:
Nokta Detectors said:

Thanks for the answer. I still would like to see coils covers included to every coil you put in your detectors.:thumbup:

It may be too late for this model as the package content and pricing is all set but we will definitely consider it in the next model. Hope you don't mind.

Nokta Detectors said:
Finder82 said:
Nokta Detectors said:

It may be too late for this model as the package content and pricing is all set but we will definitely consider it in the next model. Hope you don't mind.

It's all good,i can order it separately if needed. But you should put the information regarding the missing coil cover to the detectors information, so that the buyers of the detector knows, that the coil cover for the coil is sold separately and not included like some other detectors i have bought..:cheekkiss:

Finder82 said:
Nokta Detectors said:
Finder82 said:
Nokta Detectors said:
Hello ...regarding coil covers - The stock coil is an injection molded coil so there is no epoxy bottom. You can still buy a cover for it separately. The small coil includes a coil cover and spare ones can also be purchased.

It's all good,i can order it separately if needed. But you should put the information regarding the missing coil cover to the detectors information, so that the buyers of the detector knows, that the coil cover for the coil is sold separately and not included like some other detectors i have bought..:cheekkiss:

Just re-discussed this with my team as the number of customers requesting this is increasing. We will include a coil cover for the stock coil as well - both in the standard package and pro packages. We will update the package content on our web site soon and add the extra coil cover.

Nokta Detectors said:
Finder82 said:
Nokta Detectors said:
Finder82 said:
Nokta Detectors said:
Hello ...regarding coil covers - The stock coil is an injection molded coil so there is no epoxy bottom. You can still buy a cover for it separately. The small coil includes a coil cover and spare ones can also be purchased.

Just re-discussed this with my team as the number of customers requesting this is increasing. We will include a coil cover for the stock coil as well - both in the standard package and pro packages. We will update the package content on our web site soon and add the extra coil cover.

That is a great news to hear from you. Things like these is a sure way to boost sales and increase customer satisfaction...Thanks Nokta.:inlove:

I have never seen a Detector company.........keep up with what people want!!!!........Great job.........Mine is on order!!!!!!

The Nokta FORS CoRe adjusts from '0' to '99' [size=small](not sure why all the way)[/size] but it gives you a full range of Discrimination [size=small](Masking or Filtering)[/size] adjustment. I never use more Discrimination than just enough to reject iron nails so it's not a big issue for me. It isn't 'Notch' which is a function I personally have no use for. I like to search for and find stuff, not search around and reject a bunch of good things.

Monte

How big is the Makro racer screen and does it have somekind of protective plastic film installed at the factory?

I like to keep my detector screens scratch free, so that is why i am asking.:rolleyes:

I pamper every detector I use, and that means my detector-use hand operates the detector and pinpointer, and my left hand does all the target recover and gets dirty or muddy. I keep my grips and detectors clean, and I never use a thumb to wipe away and dirt of mud that should get on the display screen which then causes scratches.

All makes and models shave different materials for display windows, from a more flexible film to firm plastics to glass. They can all scratch, so there are two things to do:

1.. Don't scratch them [size=small](my main approach)[/size]

2.. Use an Environmental Cover [size=small](the best other option to do)[/size]

Due to the rain, drizzle, dense fog and freezing fog we have had, I have an EC on my Nokta FORS Coin & Relic unit, and when I get a Makro Racer Pro Package that will include the EC's for it, too. I will only use them during messy weather conditions, otherwise the will be off [size=small](which I prefer)[/size] and I will just continue to pamper each detector I own.

Monte

I don't baby my machines to much they are rode hard and put away wet if they can't take it, I won't recommend them and so far the one I have now has been great, but along with the covers Monte suggested I use the transfer screens you use on smart phones and tablets then cut and transfer them on, or use what the dirt bike people do on there visors, and just peal off a layer when dirty, dfly

Finder82 said:
How big is the Makro racer screen and does it have somekind of protective plastic film installed at the factory?

I like to keep my detector screens scratch free, so that is why i am asking.:rolleyes:

I buy a famous brand screen protector product used on phones and tablet touch screens. I just got one for a 10 inch tablet for about $10. I have even used it on my Deus. Sometimes the factory protector can be used as a template to trace the new piece. Other times I just make a template with a plain piece of paper then lay than over the film backing and trace it. Just use a utility razor blade to cut it out. One package can normally last a while if you are careful about how you cut the pieces out of it. It also gives a nice tactile feel to any buttons you might cover.

Finder82 said:

Hello...the screen is around 3.7'' and yes it does come with a protective film.