Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MAN MY SHOULDER HURTS

xyvolsfanyx said:
i didn't COMPARE anything (in this instance the caps draw attention to the correctly spelled word) i said if i was going to be more than a hour i was taking one of those machines according to your own signature you don't even have a ace, f4, or a v3 so at this point i have to ask why do you even care? by the way both the ace and the f4 weigh in the 2 lb range as far as cap lock on who really cares it doesn't mean anything except nice big letters when i print i use caps because i like them see the post about shortening the shaft and having the arm straight is helpful in fact i am going to try that maybe i am not adjusted correctly because i like the coil out in front of me but to the bottom line if i do descide to keep,sell, trade, give away, take it apart and drill holes in it it is all good because there are hundrends of detectors and i am sure there is one that is perfect for me and my style

All capital letters in a post in any forum is classed as shouting

xyvolsfanyx said:
did someone hit a big ole sore spot with your precious little v's saying it is light compared to earlier models is like saying a hummer h3 is light compared to the h2 it is still a big suv at 4.7 un-advertised pounds it is fat compared to some other models again i say i like the technology and i thought i would get over the weight but no as far as it being for sale why should you care if someone that might like it better than me gets it isn't that better for all of us?and the hobby?

as far as all the personal comments not one of you know me

LMAO You don't really own a V do you. Anybody who wants to do some serious hunting would not compare a V with a Ace 250 or a fisher F4. Either your on in years or just out of shape. Maybe some unknown medical problems that you should look into

Your right about your whole post I LOVA CAPS ALSO

unfortunately i do have a v3 and again i am not comparing anything what i am saying is the v3 is the so called superior machine but because it is so heavy it makes me not want to use it it makes me not want to use it so much that i will use a very entry level machine a ace or a f4 now this is a comparison the most common thing these detectors have in common is if you put the coil over a target they will beep as far as a serious detector come on it is a hobby you go out with a couple friends and try to find more stuff than them do you really want every target to be a foot deep? there is plenty of stuff far much shallower to dig

i did try the shaft shorter today it did feel more comfortable but i only got to use it for a half hour or so i didn't think i was going to take it so i didn't charge the battery i am going to have to wear different shoes because the eyelets on my timberlands must be made of copper thanks for those comments it has made me hold up on selling it for now i did find 10 wheats, a silver dime, a citizen watch, and enough clad to buy me a drink with the f4 yeah that was a long day and my shoulder isn't hurting

You have to shorten the rod (probably a lot!) and adjust the coil flat to the ground. Make it short enough to where when you hold the detector it's short enough to reach the ground with your arm fully hanging at your side. Kinda like an extention of your arm. (I hope I'm making sense) Use your whole arm to swing and not just your shoulder or elbow. It's really comfortable that way. I had M6 elbow until I changed my swinging technique.

I kept at it and adjusted the way I swing. More of an unconcious adjustment I think, anyway I got used to it and it doesn't bother me now. I have arthritis in my spine, mostly in the upper part but some in the lower too. I can use most detectors though... I also use an E-TRAC with no problem. I used a T2 for about a year and an F75 for over a year and really did well with them. I still have the T2 and now it gives me more back pain that either the ET or the V3 and it is way lighter. I guess I changed. In any case, not everything works for everyone... but usually you can adjust and get used to it.

I have never picked up the eyelets in my boots. You have it too short I think. Have you tried swinging a little slower? Are you in the woods or a plowed field or rocky ground where you have to hold the coil off the ground all the time?

I'm going to a hunt in VA soon and have been thinking about what I might want to use since it is wooded. I'll probably go with my Tejon the first day and if I find some hot spots.. then i'll go back over them with the V3. I think I can move faster and hunt longer with the Tejon (w/5.75 coil) in a situation where I have to hold the coil off the ground. Then again... I guess I wont know until I get there and see how the gorund interacts with the machines I carry.

I'd lengthen the shaft back out a little and slow down if I were you... it may work. You might also try flipping the upper "S" shaft. It will look funny but it might help. You never know what little change will make a huge difference. The 5.3 coil might really help you too.

J

Get yourself some shoes with no metal in them (when you shorten the detector shaft).--My wife & I wear them all the time when metal detecting.--We don't have a problem with arm fatique from the weight/balance on our detectors but got into the habit of "non metallic shoes" when we were gold hunting.---I've picked up a pair of these type of boots in WalMart for $50.--They are nice durable boots although a little hot to wear in the summer months.--We also have a couple of pair of the "desert boots" that are very comfortable in hot weather but much more expensive.---If you just HAVE to shorten the shaft to the point that the detector is "reading" your boots, this would at least solve that problem.--Maybe even help that aching shoulder! :) --------Del