Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Manticore - A few questions

AZWIP

Howdy, have just today received my Manticore... am excited to get it up and running etc.
Currently all is plugged into chargers.... even though it seems it came somewhat charged...

A few quick questions if ya'll don't mind...

1.) In regards to the ML-105 headphones, are they directional? Is there a Left Side/Right Side?

2.) When charging these headphones, how to tell when fully charged (for example the owners manual for the manticore says it is
fully charged when the green light remains solid.... flashes green when charging).... Currently headphones are on charger
and they are Solid red... will they flash when fully charged (hmmm, kind of opposite behavior of the Remote, if thats true).

Also, how to tell what level of charge the headphones are at? If even possible? For example the Manticore Remote
has that battery indicator.... but I don't see similar for heagphones?

3.) Do ya'll put on screen protector right away, or do you leave the one on from factory (I know its not the same as the
protectors they ship and you have to install, but sure does seem to work the same).... do you leave the factory shipped
one on until it starts to peel and "then" put on the one that is made for that?

Thanks folks, I did some Searches for answers to some of these and did not find any really, even looking at the appropriate
sections of the instruction manual.

Thanks for any and all replies

It may seem charged, but it isn't trust me. An overnight charge should work well. The headphones will run approximately 40 hours on full charge. I just put both on the charge after hunting. Follow the manual as far as the lights on both units. Pull the shipping cover off and put the provided cover on, otherwise the glare is terrible.
HH Jeff

Howdy, have just today received my Manticore... am excited to get it up and running etc.
Currently all is plugged into chargers.... even though it seems it came somewhat charged...

A few quick questions if ya'll don't mind...

1.) In regards to the ML-105 headphones, are they directional? Is there a Left Side/Right Side?

2.) When charging these headphones, how to tell when fully charged (for example the owners manual for the manticore says it is
fully charged when the green light remains solid.... flashes green when charging).... Currently headphones are on charger
and they are Solid red... will they flash when fully charged (hmmm, kind of opposite behavior of the Remote, if thats true).

Also, how to tell what level of charge the headphones are at? If even possible? For example the Manticore Remote
has that battery indicator.... but I don't see similar for heagphones?

3.) Do ya'll put on screen protector right away, or do you leave the one on from factory (I know its not the same as the
protectors they ship and you have to install, but sure does seem to work the same).... do you leave the factory shipped
one on until it starts to peel and "then" put on the one that is made for that?

Thanks folks, I did some Searches for answers to some of these and did not find any really, even looking at the appropriate
sections of the instruction manual.

Thanks for any and all replies
headphones are fully charged when light is blue button side on headphones goes over right ear thats the way I wear them headphones will beep when low on battery
I put screen saver on right away and bought a Denos cover the best IMHO good luck I've had mine 3 months and found 2 gold rings one 24K and a bunch of silver coins
it's a great detector.
Mark

Thank you both Jeff & Mark, appreciate your replies and suggestions. Also, Mark, I'll have to check into the Denos cover, sounds like a good idea.

Have only had a few hunts under my belt, but yes, seems like it's gonna be a keeper. Lol

My first hunt out, had found what looked like a Gold Dog Tag (Chain for a person), was good size and heavy as all get out, Gold in color as well...
man, my heart was racing... came in as a 34 (ok, I think thats also in Gold range... lol).... I'm thinking, ok, either Stainless or you just scored probably close to an OZ of
gold... so in the pocket it went... heavy and right color.... also had what looks like a small embedded diamond in the full size "tag".... chain was not attached, just the loop for a chain...
anyways, long story short, yep.... Stainless Steele, Lol!!!!

That stainless can fool ya, the right "heft" and for me anyways, the correct ID range. But Yep, Nope.

So, reading about your 2 gold rings. awesome!!! I'm mostly a dry land jewelry hunter (no close beach here in AZ lol)...

Thanks again folks, I certainly appreciate your taking the time to reply. Am looking forward to continuing to learn this machine.

Happy Hunting!

Thank you both Jeff & Mark, appreciate your replies and suggestions. Also, Mark, I'll have to check into the Denos cover, sounds like a good idea.

Have only had a few hunts under my belt, but yes, seems like it's gonna be a keeper. Lol

My first hunt out, had found what looked like a Gold Dog Tag (Chain for a person), was good size and heavy as all get out, Gold in color as well...
man, my heart was racing... came in as a 34 (ok, I think thats also in Gold range... lol).... I'm thinking, ok, either Stainless or you just scored probably close to an OZ of
gold... so in the pocket it went... heavy and right color.... also had what looks like a small embedded diamond in the full size "tag".... chain was not attached, just the loop for a chain...
anyways, long story short, yep.... Stainless Steele, Lol!!!!

That stainless can fool ya, the right "heft" and for me anyways, the correct ID range. But Yep, Nope.

So, reading about your 2 gold rings. awesome!!! I'm mostly a dry land jewelry hunter (no close beach here in AZ lol)...

Thanks again folks, I certainly appreciate your taking the time to reply. Am looking forward to continuing to learn this machine.

Happy Hunting!
Good luck you can buy those covers on ebay guy is in the US ships fast the 24K ring I found came in in the 60's depending on ring size and weight it can come up anywhere on the scale.
Mark

You wrote, "
one on until it starts to peel and "then" put on the one that is made for that?"

I left the delivered screen film on my Manticore for a week in the beginning, and that film was blue, and in sunlight...gave a lot of trouble! It washed out the display when the sky was blue. I did finally remove it, and it was way better. Instead of putting on the clear film they sent though, I eventually bought the Denos protective head unit cover, and it has been fine. The side buttons are tricky but I figured those out for the most part.

I learned fast in screen film protector applications on any machine is that is a real PITA to get them on without bubbles, so the head unit cover from Denos fit the the bill, especially since we are talking about a $1600 machine.

Hope this helps.

Good to know folks... so, I did put on the screen protector... and yeah, I am probably not the best person to install those, Lol, first one, too many bubbles... threw it away after trying to reseat it.... second one... one small bubble bottom left... will leave it though for now...
definitely gonna check into the cover you folks are recommending, sounds like a good thing (found some from deanos assuming same).

So the 24K ring came in in the 60s... good to know. Crazy how that works... being a gold jewelry hunter, I usually end up digging practically everything and sometimes get a pleasant surprise, Lol. One of my 14k rings rang in the 30s in air test, so when I saw that gold ID Tag, and it rang around 34... I was like.... maybe? Lol!!!!

Thanks again for advice folks, its appreciated & Happy Hunting!