Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Manticore test run!

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
Had the opportunity to take the Manticore for a test run at Digstock last weekend. And it did not disappoint, checks all the boxes for me. I didn't have a scale or tape measure.
Ergonomics-
The handle has the correct angle and shape.
Your arm is now parallel to the shaft.
Nice overall balance.
Build-
3 piece carbon fiber shaft collapses to a compact length.
Cam locks for adjustments.
New yoke design for coil attachment.
Beefed up coil design.
Arm rest material improved, and adjustment redesigned.
The way it grabs targets-
Audio response was quick and crisp over a range of ferrous and non-ferrous mixes
I was glad to see a version of target trace incorporated for identifying multiple non-ferrous and ferrous.

Had the opportunity to take the Manticore for a test run at Digstock last weekend. And it did not disappoint, checks all the boxes for me. I didn't have a scale or tape measure.
Ergonomics-
The handle has the correct angle and shape.
Your arm is now parallel to the shaft.
Nice overall balance.
Build-
3 piece carbon fiber shaft collapses to a compact length.
Cam locks for adjustments.
New yoke design for coil attachment.
Beefed up coil design.
Arm rest material improved, and adjustment redesigned.
The way it grabs targets-
Audio response was quick and crisp over a range of ferrous and non-ferrous mixes
I was glad to see a version of target trace incorporated for identifying multiple non-ferrous and ferrous.
Congrats on being able to see one first hand and see the operation of the unit also. It is a fully submersible detector, correct ?? Is it about the same weight as the nox ?
Good deal on your part. Mark ( ohio )

Congrats on being able to see one first hand and see the operation of the unit also. It is a fully submersible detector, correct ?? Is it about the same weight as the nox ?
Good deal on your part. Mark ( ohio )
15 feet I believe is what Debbie quoted. The beach mode has been improved on with regards to skipping waves in salt water.
The weight? very similar.
I was happy to see one and use it in their test garden, time will tell in the real world!

Awesome thanks Jeff for the review.
Mark

There was a Manticore youtube video filmed in Mexico a few days ago.
I noticed the logo on the front has been revised, or updated.
Makes me believe that they are finishing up the minor details, and a release will be soon!