Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Manual sens...

lomoch

Anyone using manual sens on their hunts with success? I've got several targets I can only hear when sens is set to man 23 or higher, but in my environment, this sens setting is not realistic...to jumpy, etc. Auto runs quiet, but no target acquisition is achieved.

Randy

I use it sometimes to get better feel for iffy signals on A+3. Depends where I am hunting but most of the time I can use 25 on manual.

Sometimes I boost the manual sensitivity up to 30, then I lower the Volume Gain until it runs fairly quiet. The lower volume gain enables me to tell the deeper targets just by listening.

Randy - you hit on stg many of us noted on the E-Trac - a BOOST mode that is enabled around 23-24 ish.
I almost always hunt hot in manual. Coins won't slip by you this way, but you will have to learn to differentiate some falsing. If it's too much I won't run manual then.
Also, even in auto that boost mode is apparent, so just make sure to maintain that 23 level or THEN switch to manual if that isn't possible.

Albert

Thanks Albert. I sent you a PM at another location regarding this and how much luck you've had using Man where boost level could be reached, as I was aware of such. Just cannot get to that level in auto, highest is around 19, and Man is unusable in this particular location. You don't have much EMI to contend with where you hunt obviously.

Randy

Randy - Thanks. Something else to consider to get sensitivity to run hotter is the ground settings. If your ground is mineralized you might get it to run hotter in ground coin, at least I've seen that mentioned.

Albert

Mxterer,
Don't recall a post from Digger, but like the ETrac before it, the CTX seems to have a "boost" happen when sens gets into the low 20's. I'm not sure if this same behavior happens within auto, since auto is an indication of the highest value of one of the channels, not all, where man sets all avail channels to specified value. Albert above indicates that this boost does indeed happen in auto.

Albert,
Thanks again...yes, I've tried different ground settings across several modes but unless I'm around low 20's on the sens scale, no joy on target acquisition.

Randy