Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Manual Sensitivity 27

Elmy

I love running a manual sensitivity of 27...really gets the deep ones...
But you have to have a fairly stable threshold to run the etrac that way. GOOD, CLEAN GROUND.
If your threshold is nulling, going silent every swing of your detector
you may be Using too much sensitivity trying to pull the deep coins.
In those cases, try to run the threshold level high enough so you can hear it in the
Background, switch to auto sensitivity and try auto +3...+2 or even +1. You may find that
your threshold will stabilize and you can hear a steady or almost steady hum as you swing.
Old homesteads with a lot of nails will throw you a high fe at manual 27 almost every target making
you dig more nails than coins. Auto sensitivity can clear that up.
A setting of auto +1 or +2 will also give you a better target id. You will dig less nails and more
good targets and you will see your fe numbers fall into the lower numbers for good targets instead of the 20's.
So the next time you lose that threshold in a place....give it a shot...you may be pleasantly surprised at your results.
Keep an eye on your suggested sensitivity bar to the right...if it stays below 20...manual sensitivity of 27 is too much !

E L M Y

Last edited:
Good tip Elmy. The same applies to the Explorer SE. I found out the hard way!
It is almost like going to a smaller coil ...your drop the sensitivity and the foot print of your coil becomes smaller....again , the recommended sensitivity is the guide as to how much sensitivity you should use.
Yes...we all find out these things the hard way !

That ultimate 13 coil was too big for the trash I encounter at one place and going to auto+1 made a world of difference !

I haven't really ever toyed with the + setting in Auto Sens and usually leave it at +3. I'll be more mindful now and try +1 or +2 ! Great tip!