Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Manually lowering GB numbers on Omega

rickinsdakota

I have an Omega 8000 and an AT Pro. I noticed on the AT Pro forum that people are lowering the GB numbers manually after auto ground balancing. Is anyone doing this with their Omegas and have good results.

Lowering the GB will result in a reduction in depth. On the AT Pro or Omega. Lowering GB has it uses. Your using a DD coil (concentrics don't suffer from iron like DD's). Area has tons of bottlecaps/larger size iron. Machine keeps giving false positives (coin readings) on these targets. Lowering GB up to 20 points may reduce or eliminate falsing. However, you will lose significant depth. It's a trade off. The AT Pro does not have some magical quality that allows GB to be lowered without resulting in loss of depth.

Your using a DD coil (concentrics don't suffer from iron like DD's). Area has tons of bottlecaps/larger size iron. Machine keeps giving false positives (coin readings) on these targets. Lowering GB up to 20 points may reduce or eliminate falsing.

I have found this to be true also.......