Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Manuals for the Equinox?

Provided there is one in the box.

Nuke em said:
Provided there is one in the box.

Probably wont be one in the box. Since Minelab is a world-wide seller I think they have found it easier to include a quick-start guide and then have the manual on CD in all the languages.

Manual on CD then but has to have one but i prefer a paperback manual and many people said that about the CTX . Maybe they have rectified that too ?

Minelab has been pretty good about making their detector manuals available for download even for older out of production models so I expect that we will see the manual available for download at release time. Not beforehand, I would think, since even the guy on one of the videos said that the interface was different on his test machine then the one he was demonstrating with. They are definitely tweaking the machines so a manual probably won't be forthcoming until the detector is released.

btw I always chuckle when I see ppl selling printed manuals for detectors on Ebay that you can find for free from the manufacturers.

budster said:
I'll just wait for Andy Sabisch.:)

I inquired from Andy if he is writing a Guide for the Equinox. He is looking at the need for one. Said he would let everybody know if he decided yes.

Rich (Utah)

sgoss66 said:
"looking at the need..."

LOL!

Judging by the amount of "buzz" surrounding the Equinox at this point, I'd tend to think there would certainly be quite an audience, should he decide to write it! :)

Steve

I've purchased most of Andy's books either to better use a detector I already owned Or as an information source to help me decide if I thought a detector would work well for me. I don't know Andy personally other than he has been kind enough to respond to a Personal Message I sent to him asking if he was planning on doing a guide for the Equinox. Is there a 'NEED'?

Three of his books I have deal with detectors that are pretty technical; the explorers/etrac, the CTX 3030 and the XP Deus. For me, due to the sophistication of these detectors, I see a need for an additional 'experts' guide. Will the Equinox need an 'experts' guide as well. Or is 'need' knowing that there is a lot of interest in a detector? The Garrett AT Pro is one of the biggest sellers out there, so shouldn't there be a guide for it using the popularity criteria? Maybe food for thought. As for the Equinox, hard to tell yet, maybe so.

I was guessing that Andy might be a tester for the Equinox because of previous books on other Minelab detectors. I've found his previous books helpful and insightful and if he does decide there is a need, I look forward to reading it.

Rich

Now that Minelab has announced the release date, has anyone heard of the manuals coming online? I know we may have to wait until they actually start shipping the units but it would be nice to get a head start on studying the manuals.

Thanks!

sgoss66 said:
Yes, if I had to guess, I'd say Andy is at least in some way involved in the Equinox. I have nothing to back that up, other than that Minelab would be wise to have him involved...

Steve

I dont know if he is, he wasnt involved with the CTX which is why it took him so long to write the book for that.

Bourneredi said:
Now that Minelab has announced the release date, has anyone heard of the manuals coming online? I know we may have to wait until they actually start shipping the units but it would be nice to get a head start on studying the manuals.

Thanks!

Not yet. Pay attention to the forums, someone will post a link as soon as its up.

I saw somewhere that the manuals would be available when they start shipping. I'd sure love to have a download copy ASAP to get a running start when delivery actually happens in late January.

pasttom said:
I saw somewhere that the manuals would be available when they start shipping. I'd sure love to have a download copy ASAP to get a running start when delivery actually happens in late January.
+1 Pastor Tom
No reason I can think of not to release it now. LISTENING ML ? According to what I read they are IN production now & they
are piling them up. The manual has to in print. If not what are they doing ? Go to Malasia & see maybe 700 EQ's leaning against
the wall waiting for manuals & boxing ? Me thinks not.
This machine looks very flexable so I would love to design & discus settings for the next 10 weeks before the mud comes.

Tom
LFOD !

I couldn't agree more, TomNH. I am just repeating gossip. :cheers: