Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MapCreate 6... Can it make a map for the 332C?

Guvner

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like they are pushing 6.3 as being able to work with the 332c. But... is the version 6 upgradeable or is it even able to function to get a map into the unit.

Thanks... Guvner..

AFAIK, but could be wrong, any unit that works with 6.3 will work with 6 - the map file format output created by these versions is the same.
Is the v6. upgreadable to 6.3? Yes and no. LEI concept is different from Garmin concept. Garmin has one mapping software (MapSource) and a bunch of different maps that can be used by that software and loaded to the receiver. Lowrance maps are integrated with software so, the newer one replaces the older one. The upside is, you don't have to get separately topo maps and city maps and whatever. MapCreate has it all, you just pick the type of data you want to have in the map that will be loaded to the unit hence; you are "creating a map". The downside is: if you are getting the new version, you have to uninstall the old version. In theory, why would you want the older version if the new one has all that the old one had + more data + newer data?

Here's the link...

http://www.lowrance.com/Mapping/LakeMaps/index.asp

Anyway... just doing what I always do. Once I get interested it's both feet until I get a new interest...

Guvner..

I don't think that you even need any software for these maps. Just load the free maps to the card and the receiver should be able to read them.

n/t