Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mar 2nd 2013 Digs...

FooserPaul

Hello all...

I hit 2 spots yesterday... The 1st one was a new spot and I gave it 90 minutes to look around and see what the site was like... Lots of fill and trash... wire, scraps or metal, and furniture nails... :-(

I then went back to the spot I murdered with my ETrac that I hit in January for the 1st time in 18 months: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1844925,1844925#msg-1844925

I spent 2.5 hours here and the 1st hour was pretty quiet... a few coins... nothing old.. not even a wheat penny...

I moved towards the back left where I recovered the Walking Liberty Half in January...

I got a 1920 wheat... Then a 1944 wheat...

Then I got a dime signal @ 3"... In the plug sticking out I could see the back of a Merc... 1944 :)

[attachment 258528 322013_1944Merc.jpg]

I got a few more wheat pennies... Then I got a Penny / Dime range signal... @ 5"... I popped out the plug... nothing with the pinpointer... hmm... deeper...

There it is... I popped out the dirt and the coin onto my towel... ANOTHER Walking Liberty HALF !! 1943

In the 1st 5 years of my young detecting career... I've recovered 8 Silver Half Dollars... Now I have 2 this year... :) I love my 3030...

[attachment 258529 322013_1943WLH.jpg]

After a few more pieces of clad and a couple more wheaties andother Merc @ 4-5 inches... 1943

[attachment 258530 322013_1943Merc.jpg]

[attachment 258531 322013_Totals.jpg]

9 wheaties 1920-1957 and 3 pieces of silver... I fished my wish for this day and love this great hobby :)

I hope everyone got out and had a chance to fish their wish...

Respectfully,
Paul

Those coins are gorgeous!!!!!

I'm dying.... The ground will thaw eventually, the ground will thaw eventually.....

Great job again Paul

like hunting a new spot with the ctx glad to see your doing so good on old spot. congrats on a great day of digging

Nice job, Paul!