Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mars sniper Coil & Sef

below2doe

Hi Guys,

Wondering if any members have used the Mars sniper coil and the 8x6 sef on the whites v3i Is there any advantage over the 9x6 eclipse whites.

Regards Below2doe.

Howdy below2doe--

I have never used a Mars coil or an SEF but I have to say that the White's 6x10 coil is one of my favorites. I hunt mostly vacant lots and old home sites and have found it to be a darned good coil. It gets good separation and good depth. I have also had success using it on relic hunts where it can be squeezed into some tight places. I can't ignore White's stellar service department's reputation - if the coil goes bad, it will be replaced. best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks Blind Squirrel,

I have got the 6x10 elipitjcal, and it is a great coil, & also the 6x4 shooter. I use these most of the time working in between a lot of modern trash and they do very well.

Thanks again and HH
Below2doe.

I have Mars Sniper coil and this coil is perfect! More gain and less noise if you compare to 10x12 white Detech and factory DD coil.

The Mars coil does look interesting. Love to hear if anybody have any direct experience comparing the 6x10 Mars with the 8x6 SEF, or the White's 6x10. As we all know, coils each have their own "personalities" and frequently have very different performance. The White's 6x10 coil is very stable, has great separation, solid and so glides over obstacles, gives good VDI readings, *but* is not very deep, even for it's size, it's biggest drawback is unimpressive depth. Every coil has its tradeoffs, I'd love to hear the straight skinny, good and bad, on the new Mars 6x10 sniper.

With V3i you can check coil very easy. Overload method. Or maximum gain with stable behavior... For me Sniper Mars coil just works perfect.