Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Max performance' 10DD program

cypearl

I tried today and posting my results as I promised the fox's program with 10dd coil. I do not know I am so sad to say that it was too noisy giving me +94 signal all the time for an instant and then disappearing. I have found some targets but all at 3 to 4 inches. Any help appreciated.

yazoo said:
Forget The Fox Programs .Yazoo

It's all about your own soil and some of those adjustments are "too core" to use as a generic starting point. (My soil is similar to his and they do work in some places, but not all.)

nw1886 said:
yazoo said:
Forget The Fox Programs .Yazoo

It's all about your own soil and some of those adjustments are "too core" to use as a generic starting point. (My soil is similar to his and they do work in some places, but not all.)

Hello yazoo and nw1886, my soil most of times reads 93vdi in the ground probe, I use also a minelab x terra 505 with a 7.5 DDcoil and I can ground balance somewhere near 10, its deferent detector but 10 and below GB as I have read from Randy's posts in the xterra forum is considered high mineralization but the detector runs quiet in my soil. I can even run it with top sensitivity with some false signals but still get depth. I am not checking in v3is ground probe regularly as I am going just for an hour hunting and using the preset programs. With minelab I do not find such as tiny pieces of lead but I do get depths like a foot deep really for coins. It is a lot cheaper detector. Now I was going to be very happy to find the setting for v3i to give me such of depths and and run as smoothly as my other detector. Thanks a lot for reading and replying to my posts.

I have noticed running the single frequency 7.5 and the 5hz band pass in mixed mode pro gets me great depth and falses much less. If it starts to act up I ground balance and may turn the gain and disc down until it quiets some. Running 3 frequency was not going very deep in some of my highly mineralized sights. I also zero tone the 95-94, I have found very few good items in that range. This makes for a much more enjoyable hunt.

If its still noisy and I am frustrated I can always run 3 frequency, correlate and set the span to 20-30 or less. This will allow some targets to get away, and you must swing slow.

Ok just remembering the ramblings on another forum that said person ran and fed lots of bad info to others. His programs may work in Florida ,but that does not mean they will work in Ohio ,Illinois or where ever . I remember one that took others programs retweeked a bit called them his great Idea's. Not to Bash any further and with out naming the person of my comments is.....Take a program like C&J or any of the other programs and make them yours then you know what will work for you and what the adjustments do for you in your ground.If you use some programs as gospel you may be in for a let down. Many will agree as I know many of us use a variation of Magics program and set to our likings and can change it to fit our needs for our hunting style and ground. This being said I meant that using said program in soil phasing around -93 you are in for a big let down .Learn your machine for your ground others set ups are not a cure all . This is in my opinion as I was there to see some rambling about, V3 times after I started on a Vision on a certain forum about 2 years ago and they did not work in my ground and the said programs were preached as Gospel . I no longer go to that forum just for that reason.So there I stand. Yazoo

If I was hunting in Florida, I would try his programs..... but until then, I will use what works best for me here in Illinois. :devil:

I have used yesterday this programe and it was n't that bad in an area not that high in minerals, I found a couple of hammered silver coins. The other thing I have noticed with the detector I tried to use the 22.5 freq and with 15 rxgain and the discrimination no matter lowest or highest the behavior of the detector was like emi was at present, that was disapearing when using all 3 frequencies. Is anything wrong with it cause I have never experienced that before cause at most time I use 7.5 and three frequencies?

No it doesn't sound like there is anything wrong except you are running gains that are probably too high. You are trying to use a program the was designed in the USA and trying to use it in Cyprus.

I have no idea how much you changed the program, but I know he runs his program in correlate and this helps with EMI. Single 22.5 can't run in correlate. This may be the answer to your question.

Rob (IL) said:
No it doesn't sound like there is anything wrong except you are running gains that are probably too high. You are trying to use a program the was designed in the USA and trying to use it in Cyprus.

I have no idea how much you changed the program, but I know he runs his program in correlate and this helps with EMI. Single 22.5 can't run in correlate. This may be the answer to your question.

I used only with his settings.

His programs are for a totaly different place of hunting and his style .You would have to reset it your detector for your style, and area. Best to do as stated earlier in this post pick a program and figure out what makes it work best for you. Foxes programs are for Florida and his style.I didnt ever see a few years ago where he got that deep with his hunting, I was more under the impression he was a surface to maybe 6 inch deep hunter with some of his programs . If I was you ,I would not use other peoples programs and make 1 that fits what you need and not waist your time trying to figure out whats wrong with what you are doing using other programs . In my opinion you need to sit with your manual unhook your coil and play with all the settings to see what they are ,then put the coil on find a emi free area and go though them again as you find something that works keep it and use it. other wise you are just waisting your time. Yazoo

Some good advice here cypearl ! Here in the U.K. most of the progs. that work fine in areas of the USA are to say the least troublesome !! The only way to get a good prog. for your soil is to experiment with one setting at a time. Using 3 frequency, best data the settings I have found that needed adjusting are the RX, Discrim, Recovery and filter. The rest are personal choice except all metal but I only use that to pinpoint so adjustment is not critical.

Hey Grumpy, I'm glad you have a program setup to work in Scotland. What procedure did you use to determine that the 10 filter works best for you? I'm interested. How deep are you getting coins?

The main reason I am discussing other peoples programs its because they have been there in forums from moderators and are there for examples. Now one thing I can't understand is why would someone use settings that are impossible to use in a specific soil. One thing is to raise your sensitivity there you can keep the detector stable because of minerals in the ground and another is to GB when needed. Yesterday I used similar settings with fox's even with higher rx gain and the detector was fairly quiet. The area you are in its true that plays a part but could be similar everywhere even if you were on Mars you would to need to change a bit the sensitivity and GBalance. The remain thing is how you gain depth when all these settings are have been set. I think a bigger coil could be a matter of discussion.

Hi Rob. My local area has thick orange clay under the topsoil and as the whole region was formed by volcanic activity it contains iron. I just started with the 5 filter and worked up until the machine was stable at 10. I pull coins up to about 7 inches in most places but I don't think they go any lower in the soil than this because of the clay so I really don't know how deep I could get in good conditions !!

In my area I have found where the clay starts the goodies dont go much deeper.A obsevation in our clay areas. Sometimes it may be as shallow as 6 inches to the clay others deeper but if there is a target my machine sees it. Have found things in some areas as deep as 12-14 inches but then thats a area I dig most anything with a half good signal that deep. Yazoo

yazoo said:
In my area I have found where the clay starts the goodies dont go much deeper.A obsevation in our clay areas. Sometimes it may be as shallow as 6 inches to the clay others deeper but if there is a target my machine sees it. Have found things in some areas as deep as 12-14 inches but then thats a area I dig most anything with a half good signal that deep. Yazoo
Hi Yazoo, could you post your settings and if you are with the 10dd coil please? Meant that is just to compare our settings of course. I would appreciate that.

Be interested to read your settings too Yahzoo. Cypearl don't know if this will be any help or not !! I gather you live in Cyprus and if that is anything like the U.K. you have soil that has been used by humans for thousands of years and fairly heavily populated. What I found was some of the settings based on American detectorists programmes are just too hot for our country. These settings to give an analogy are rather like driving on main headlights in fog or mist. Go to dip and you can see better!! I have found an RX about 8-12, Disc. about 45 and recovery about 30 works in our soil.